Operations Manager - IAS at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Tactical Solutions Strategic Business Unit delivers mission system solutions, from specialized antennas to electro-optical technologies, to the warfighter. Our systems enhance the performance of various military platforms, from aircraft and land vehicles to ships and satellites, and give warfighters the advantage they need to take action, identify targets and defend against evolving threats.
Operations Manager – IAS
Lead IAS Operations to include personnel, facilities, capital, security, communications, etc. This position reports to the Director of Imaging and Surveillance (IAS) Mission Area within the Tactical Solutions Strategic Business Unit (SBU).
What You'll Do:
- Work directly with the IAS staff to establish a common structure for the consistent application and execution of program policies, processes and procedures.
- Manage the overhead budget focusing predominately on strategic initiatives. Lead the annual TS budget creation process for the mission area.
- Establish and communicate: Operational objectives, Business Level performance metrics, and long-term facilities and equipment plans.
- Will contribute to the organization's strategic planning process.
- Communicate the strategic goals and objectives of the IAS Mission Area to the Functional Management Leadership.
- Establish strong and effective working relationships with Engineering SSU functional managers, Finance SSU PCA , FP&A, and Contracts managers, Security & Mission Assurance managers, Operations SSU leadership, and Ball's other Empowered Officials.
- Organize and manage resources at the Imaging and Surveillance (IAS) level, required for successful program execution. This includes oversight of headcount levels, staffing forecasts, budget management and capital planning.
- Set up systems and/or processes that will monitor current resource usage and project future resource requirements.
- Actively participate in the staffing/hiring process: requirements, resume review, interview, selection process, and assignment.
- Work closely with the Manufacturing, Test and Operations (MTO) organization in regard to current and future IAS needs: capital, lab space, manufacturing personnel and processes.
- Work closely with the Security organization (DOD and TS/SCI) to help IAS programs and new business efforts successfully maneuver through the security processes and procedures.
- Establish, implement, and maintain an effective and uniform IAS risk management process in conjunction with other SSUs.
- Will occasionally act on behalf of the IAS Mission Area Director.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need:
- BS/BA in related field plus 8 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e. Master's Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Ability to work with Strategic Support Units (SSUs) Functional management to secure the necessary resources as required.
- Demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level should be considered.
- Experience working in or around a manufacturing environment, classified projects, and other operations-related activities desired.
- Demonstrated excellent leadership and interpersonal skills in relevant business environments.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ICA (Inspire, Connect, Achieve) characteristics are required because this is a leadership position within IAS.
- Active DOD Secret security clearance is required with an expectation of obtaining SAP accesses.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $105,500 - $145,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.