Operational Excellence and Quality Lead at SumUp
Operational Excellence and Quality Lead (Boulder, CO)
At SumUp, we create powerful, easy-to-use financial solutions that allow small businesses to accept payments. With merchants in over 31 countries using SumUp to accept payments, we’re building the first-ever global card acceptance brand. Using a founder’s mentality and a “team-first” attitude, our teams across Europe, South America and the United States work together to ensure that small business owners can be successful doing what they love.
Your impact at SumUp
The Operational Excellence and Quality (OEQ) squad is responsible for driving all activities (planning, implementing, leading, and executing) around Operational Excellence, Quality, and Continuous Improvement in the SumUp US Operations Organization. The OEQ squad has a mission to support Customer Support, Onboarding, and Risk and Fraud in their drive to improve the maturity, efficiency, and/or quality of their respective teams.
The role requires hands-on QA expertise, the ability to take the initiative and develop and evolve our QA processes.
The right candidate will analyze the systems to determine what to test, the priority of those tests, and the best way to improve.
Setup, drive, and institutionalize a mindset change to achieve operational Excellence within the Operations team (Customer Support, Risk and Fraud, and Onboarding).
Implement and Drive Operational Excellence and Quality program to transform our current business.
- Mindset changes: transform attitudes to maintain continuous improvement efforts beyond project activities and change their way of working to an Agile way of working. Management and team coaching will be one of the means to achieve such a mindset shift.
- Problem-solving leadership: contributes to improving the whole operations value stream by participating in and driving problem-solving sessions.
- Knowledge transfer: trains and coaches employees and management on best practices and behaviors.
- Continuous improvements: identifies potentials for new enhancements and drives these improvements through completion.
- Project leadership: co-designs and runs Agile transformations in specific areas:
- Defines the overall work plan;
- Coordinates the project teams through different phases;
- Ensures support, provides adequate status updates;
- Shares responsibility to reach the target together with line management;
- Enforces prerequisites for the sustainability of results;
- Ensures transfer to line/ process manager;
- People management: selection, development, target setting, and performance management of the lean experts. Ensure overall high level of talent and engagement level
Essential experience for this position:
- 5+ years of experience, preferably combined with relevant experience in managing and implementing change in startup organizations;
- Extensive experience with culture change and the soft aspects/people aspects of organizational development.
- Experience in Playvox
Of additional value for this position:
- Extensive experience in different roles in a Customer Support or similar environment, including operational responsibilities and with a clear process improvement mindset;
- Additional job-related knowledge and/ or managerial experience: operational (hands-on) experience in Service, Logistics, management roles in Operations, knowledge of financial management;
Why you should join SumUp
- Be part of a welcoming community of more than 2,000 people from over 52 nationalities
- Startup environment and small, cross-functional teams
- 50% employer-paid Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance and company-paid life insurance
- FSA & 401K Retirement Plan (up to 3.5% employer matching when you elect to contribute up to 6%)
- Paid vacation and holidays immediately available upon hire
- Ongoing access to professional development tools, job training, and industry conferences
- Free on-site refreshments, snacks (fruits, cereals, nuts, etc.), and team meals
- Fun company outings, team events, birthday lunches, yoga, happy hours, hikes, etc.
SumUp encourages you to apply even if you don’t meet all requirements for the position. SumUp believes in supporting candidates and employees throughout their career journey so we encourage you to apply. SumUp is committed to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace.
SumUp is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The salary range for this position in Boulder, CO is $83,000 to $88,000. Compensation will be finalized by the candidate’s relevant work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location.
We believe in the everyday hero.
Small business owners are at the heart of all we do, so we create powerful, easy-to-use financial solutions to help them run their businesses. With a founder’s mentality and a 'team-first’ attitude, our diverse teams across Europe, South America and the United States work together to ensure that the small business owners we partner with can be successful doing what they love.
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, colour, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited