Office Manager - DISH Grand Central
Sling TV L.L.C. provides an over-the-top (internet delivered) television experience on TVs, tablets, gaming consoles, computers, smartphones, smart TVs and other streaming devices. Distributed across a variety of strategic device partners, including Google, Amazon, Apple TV, Microsoft, Roku, Samsung, LG, Comcast, and many others, Sling TV offers two primary domestic streaming services that collectively include more than 100 channels of top content. Featured programmers include Disney/ESPN, NBC, AMC, A&E, EPIX, NFL Network, NBA TV, NHL Networks, Pac-12 Networks, Hallmark, Viacom, and more. For Spanish-speaking customers, Sling Latino offers a suite of standalone and extra Spanish-programming packages tailored to the U S. Hispanic market. And for those seeking International content, Sling International currently provides more than 300 channels in 20 languages (available across multiple devices) to U.S. households.
Sling TV is the #1 Live TV Streaming Service Sling TV is a next-generation service that meets the entertainment needs of today’s contemporary viewers. Visit www.Sling.com. We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – it’s in our DNA. We’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are Sling.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
In the heart of Downtown Denver, DISH’s IT engineering and development teams are reshaping the way we build software. Our vision is to go beyond simply embracing agile methodology as we would like to build a culture of innovation that facilitates software engineering at the pace of business. We aspire to build a culture focused on disrupting industries through transformation and delivery. We are building teams that can go to market with ideas more quickly than ever before. We see an engaging culture as the foundation that paves the way toward success for digital business at the same time as attracting and retaining talented people.
A successful candidate is an energetic professional who does not mind wearing multiple hats. They are experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks and able to work independently with little or no supervision. They are well organized, flexible and enjoy the day to day challenges of supporting an office of diverse people. They recognize that job responsibilities often change to align with the organization’s needs over time.
- Plan, organize, and control the entire office ecosystem (culture, events, security, community outreach, space configuration, resource management, etc.)
- Organize and coordinate with all departments within DGC, and also departments that have direct impact over the office (such as risk management, facilities, networking, etc.) and schedule meetings
- Work closely with the Site Director to meet the building budget and order, manage supplies and facility space
- Introduce new policies, rules and guidelines to ensure an excellent culture that aligns to CPAW and the DISH way
- Organize and administer training sessions for new hires and new transfers to the site
- Coordinate with recruiting to publish events at the site on DISH’s social media pages and take an active role in the creation of the external messaging for the site (examples include Built-In Colorado article ideation and LinkedIn messaging/posts)
- Be the point person for maintenance, mailing, shipping, supplies, equipment, bills and errands
- Provide general support to visitors, including executives
- Manage office services by ensuring office operations and procedures are organized, correspondences are controlled, filing systems are designed, supply requisitions are reviewed and approved and that clerical functions are properly assigned and monitored
- Ensure office efficiency is maintained by carrying out planning and execution of equipment procurement, layouts and office systems
- Develop and implement office policies and norms by setting up procedures and standards to guide the operation of the office and working with Human Resource partners as needed to facilitate
- Perform review and analysis of special projects and keep the management properly informed
- Observe current trends within the facility and with the staff and provide a review and recommendations to senior leadership to maintain a healthy environment
- Remain updated on technical and professional knowledge by attending educational workshops, joining professional associations, building networks with fellow professionals and reviewing of industry publications
- Participate actively in the planning and execution of company events
- Coordinate office staff activities to ensure maximum efficiency and utilization of space in the facility
- Ensure filing systems are maintained and current
Skills - Experience and Requirements
Skills and Experience Needed for Success:
- Proven office management, administrative or assistant experience
- Knowledge of office management responsibilities, systems and procedures
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Proficient using G-Suite
- Knowledge of accounting, data administration practices and procedures
- Knowledge of clerical practices and procedures
- Knowledge of human resources management practices and procedures
- Knowledge of business and management principles
- Experience working in an Agile / Scrum Organization is a plus
- Develop strategies that drive and motivate a collaborative mindset. Focus on communication, trust, knowledge distribution, and adaptive and shared leadership.
Personal Traits that Will Drive Success:
- Authentic Collaboration
- Curiosity, Pride, Adventure and Winning
- Energy, Intelligence and a Need for Achievement