Office Administrator at Pie Insurance
Greater Denver Area
!Sorry, this job was removed at 1:48 p.m. (MST) on Tuesday, January 28, 2020
Join one of the fastest growing startups in Denver and assist in making Pie an awesome place to come to work each day. This person will have a major impact in this constant changing space and you will be the ‘face’ of the Denver office! You will make everyone feel extremely welcome and ensure a great experience for all visitors and team members.
How You’ll Do It
To do their best work, our Pie-oneers need a comfortable office environment that addresses a variety of work styles. Pie’s Office Admin role will demand flexibility and the ability to perform operational tasks to ensure our company’s workflow runs smoothly. As our first Office Admin, you will have a direct and enormous impact on Pie’s daily operations and team interactions. You will also process a high volume of daily transactions such as:
• Greeting guests.
• Receiving incoming emails, etc. from company website and email address. Send to appropriate individuals.
• Handling mail, package delivery, etc.
• Maintaining office supplies, equipment, amenities, etc.
• Managing the distribution and upkeep of Key cards and FOBs.
• Maintaining overall office cleanliness (i.e. run dishwasher, keeping kitchen clean, etc.)
• Participating in on-boarding of new employees (i.e. Laptop + Monitor are set up on desk, Internet is set up on new technology, etc.)
• Assisting in schedule coordination and travel for remote employees who come into the Denver office.
• Ordering catering/snack ordering and delivery.
• Helping in other administrative tasks associated with payroll, benefits, accounts receivables, accounts payable, time tracking.
• Facility and office construction management.
Whether It’s Right For You
You will be joining our team in our downtown Denver office near LoDo. Everything we do is connected, but we each have different roles. That means we need you to be a team player who is happy to help out any of our Pie-oneers. We are a start-up. All hands and minds are needed.
This role is non-exempt, and the level of experience is entry-level to associate. We expect you’ll have spent at least 1 year in a support or coordinator role, ideally in a customer-facing environment. Of course, you’ll also need certain skills and abilities to do the work:
The Right Stuff
- People. You enjoy helping others and creating amazing work life experiences.
- Detail Orientation. You can identify gaps in organization and will review your work, addressing the gaps and fixing errors with minimal direction.
- Time Management. You have a sense of urgency and will act promptly when issues arise, or action is needed.
- Communication. You will work closely with other Pie-oneers and will be the person with whom our visitors first interact. Tact, diplomacy, good humor and a smile are your armor for navigating tough situations.
- Hospitality Orientation. As the first person with whom visitors and candidates will interact, you aim to create happy experiences. You want to ensure everyone around you is comfortable.
- Process. You enjoy finding the opportunities to create, automate and improve processes to ensure the best delivery of people services.
- Adaptable. No other phrase describes a startup like chaotic change. You have to thrive in it, love it, and adapt as needed.
- Raise Our Game. Execute on your ideas and recommendations to position the team for exponential growth.
- Technology. You are experienced with the Microsoft Office suite, especially PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel. Experience with MS Teams is a big plus!
Working at Pie
- You expect to challenge others and to be challenged.
- Your communication style is candid and compassionate.
- You share your knowledge. We aren’t here to compete with one another; we are in it to win it, together.
- You share our passion for the small business community.
We're building Pie for the next generation of small businesses. Our team is on a mission to make workers’ compensation less expensive, simpler, and more transparent. Easy as pie, in fact.
Founded in 2017, Pie is a fast-growing insurtech startup with home offices in Washington, DC, and Denver, CO. Pie offers an incredible career opportunity where you can use your expertise to disrupt an industry and serve the SMB community. Invest your time doing meaningful work in a fast-paced environment where your contribution will have an immediate impact.
Pie, backed by trusted global insurer Sirius Group, continues to expand nationwide in 2019 as we scale our team and operations. Want a slice? In return for your commitment to us, you’ll get a piece of Pie in the form of stock options. At Pie, we’re invested in you, and you in us.
Read Full Job Description