Pie Insurance is an insurtech company tackling meaningful problems. At Pie, we work with small businesses using technology and innovation to improve how they access insurance. Like our small business clients, we are a diverse team of builders, dreamers, and entrepreneurs. So, at the heart of every decision we make is the idea that if it doesn’t serve our clients, it doesn’t serve us.
Today, all Pie-oneers are working remotely and will continue to do so until it is safe to return to the office. As a remote team member, you will be expected to be available for meetings with team members in other time zones and have access to reliable, high-speed internet.
This role will work in our Denver office once our office re-opens.
How You’ll Do It
To do their best work, our Pie-oneers need a comfortable office environment that addresses a variety of work styles. Pie’s Office Admin role will have a major impact in this constant changing space and you will be the ‘face’ of the Denver office. This role will demand flexibility and the ability to perform operational tasks to ensure our company’s workflow runs smoothly. As our Office Admin, you will have a direct and enormous impact on Pie’s daily operations and team interactions. You will make everyone feel extremely welcome and ensure a great experience for all visitors and team members.
The Day to Day (You will process a high volume of daily transactions such as:)
- Facility management of multiple locations; managing desk and conference room reservation systems; working closely with the IT Team to ensure each workstation and/or room is turned over properly and ready for the next Pie-oneer; planning new space and coordinating office moves; maintaining office safety protocols.
- Greeting visitors and assisting guests from the 1st floor lobby to their appropriate meeting location.
- Receiving and routing incoming emails and/or calls from the company website and email address.
- Handling mail, package delivery, catering deliveries, etc.
- Maintaining kitchen and office supplies; ordering snacks, beverages, condiments, and utensils; office & mailing supplies; maintaining office equipment; and other amenities.
- Working directly with the property management team on distribution and upkeep of key cards; gym access; parking garage access; and 3rd party cleaning and maintenance needs.
- Maintaining overall office cleanliness (i.e. run dishwasher, turning over conference rooms, keeping kitchen clean & neat, etc.).
- Event planning and coordination; assistance with regular catering requests for internal meetings; ensuring appropriate meetings rooms are booked; coordinating with IT Team to ensure any A/V needs are met; setup and take down for recruiting open houses, engineering game nights, happy hours and All Hands meetings; Pie holiday parties, etc.
The Right Stuff
- High school degree or GED is required
- 1-3 years of experience managing an office is required
- Experience with multiple location facility management is preferred
- Must be customer service focused. You enjoy helping others and creating amazing work life experiences
- Experience in a front desk presence and/or hospitality is helpful
- Demonstrated Project Management experience is desired
- Demonstrated ability to act with a sense of urgency
- Excellent communication skills are required. Tact, diplomacy, good humor and a smile are your armor for navigating tough situations
- Experience with Google Workspace, especially Calendar, Gmail, and Sheets is helpful
- Experience with Slack is a big plus!
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 30 pounds is required
- Competitive salary
- A piece of the Pie (in the form of stock options)
- Comprehensive health plans
- Generous PTO
- Paid sick leave
- Future focused 401k match
- Our core values are more than just a poster on the wall; they’re tangibly reflected in our work and recognized with our monthly culture award.
- Generous parental leave
Compensation & Benefits
Our goal is to make all aspects of working with us as easy as Pie. That includes our offer process. When we have identified talent that is a good fit for Pie, we work hard to present an equitable and fair offer. We look at your knowledge, skills and experience along with your compensation expectations and align that with our company equity processes to determine our offer ranges.
We value and want to support our team members, and are proud to offer a comprehensive compensation package which includes the following:
Compensation Range for position: $24 per hour - $31.25 per hour
Other Benefits: Each year Pie reviews Company performance and may grant discretionary bonuses to eligible team members.
Pie Insurance is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.
Pie Insurance participates in the E-Verify program. Please click here, here and here for more information.
Pie Insurance Named a Top Colorado Company 2020
Pie is rated Excellent by our customers on Trustpilot
Check out our great reviews from current and former employees on Glassdoor
Pie raises an additional $127M in funding