Nurse Manager of Quality/Compliance and Safety - Denver
Dispatch Health seeks a dynamic, experienced and strategic leader to join DispatchHealth, an innovative and rapidly growing company in the position of Quality/ Compliance/Safety Nurse Manager, Denver, CO.
DispatchHealth is redefining healthcare delivery through mobile and virtual healthcare. A rapidly scaling Denver, Colo., startup, we provide right-sized healthcare through the power of technology, convenience and service. DispatchHealth is striving to create an integrated, convenient, high-touch triage and care-delivery solution that extends the capabilities of the patient's care team and ensures we provide definitive, quality care in the home or at the patient’s location of need. Our skilled, certified providers arrive onsite with the expertise and tools necessary to administer advanced medical care and are supported by our technological infrastructure to ensure quality and improve outcomes. The veteran leadership team at Dispatch Health brings together the best startup, clinical and engineering skill sets to execute on a unique business model, positioning us to address and disrupt the changing healthcare landscape.
Do you want to be part of and thrive in a fast-paced, growth-stage, entrepreneurial technology - healthcare delivery company?
Are you willing to roll up your sleeves and do what needs to be done?
Are you passionate about transforming healthcare through technology innovation, service and quality care delivered to patients?
An experienced Nurse Manager to lead a team focused on Quality, Compliance and Safety. This leader will with and support the clinical operations of a fast-growing multi-state medical practice.
Certifications: CPHQ or CPHRM
- Analyze process and outcomes data for actionable trends and make recommendations for the delivery of safe and reliable care response times, turnaround times for diagnostic tests and adverse events
- Manage expectations for Escalations and Bounce Back rates
- Prepare reports for and collaborate with senior/executive team to develop strategic plans and goals for the provision of (safe, reliable equitable) care to patients in the comfort of their own homes.
- Provide guidance and recommendations to executive team on provision of consistently high levels of safe and high quality in-home acute care
- Medication supply/administration
- Develop, teach and promote a culture of safety among Dispatch Health team members
- Oversight of safe medication supply and administration processes
- Review and analyze incident reports and adverse events for actionable trends and make recommendations for improvement
- Develop a culture of learning among team members to promote continual improvement.
Professional Competencies (knowledge, skills, and abilities):
- A passion for education and developing novel education programs
- Ability to lead and develop a clinical team
- Ability to develop scalable and reliable processes
- Outstanding interpersonal skills that always puts the patients and clinical teams first
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing or Healthcare field. Master's Degree preferred
- Managerial experience overseeing Quality and Compliance in Hospital setting highly preferred
- Minimum five years' experience in provision of patient care.
- Three to five years' experience with progressive leadership responsibility in healthcare quality.
BENEFITS TO THE POSITION AND BEING PART OF THE GROWING TEAM:
- Career advancement opportunities
- Be part of something new, exciting, and progressive
- Voice and input on technology development to optimize provider workflow
- Flexible work schedules
- Progressive delivery model
- Be part of a fast growth company
- REQUIRED COMPETENCIES/KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Ability to document in electronic medical record, ensuring completeness and accuracy
- Ability to adopt and champion technological tools to optimize provider workflow
- Ability to work both independently, as well as collaboratively with others to achieve common goals
- Cultural Competency
- Knowledge and ability to perform therapeutic interventions such as splinting, suturing, wound care, minor surgical procedures
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- Critical thinking skills utilizing evidence-based standards of practice
- Expertise in clinical skills related to acute care, chronic conditions and injuries.
- Ability to identify and proactively solve problems
- Ability to thrive in a patient-focused environment
- Interpersonal Skills: cultivating strong relationships, exhibiting an executive disposition, valuing stakeholders and building consensus
- Business/Management: developing team talent, driving execution, financial acumen, making healthcare operations decisions
- Leadership: empowerment/delegation, leading change, selling the vision, passion for results
- High sense of social responsibility
- Visible and active in the community
- Visionary, strategic thinker with follow through
- Always seeking to raise the performance bar
Intellectual and Analytical Skills
- Current on healthcare trends, models, and delivery systems
- Tenacious, timely, and attentive to detail, but maintaining an eye on the big picture
- Savvy in dealing with sensitive issues
- Empowers staff to be successful in their roles
- Holds others accountable without micromanaging
- Hires individuals committed to excellence and innovation, and encourages them to seek opportunities for continuous improvement
- Supports decisions that advance great patient care
- Builder of coalitions and partnerships
- Willing to make decisions; seeking to understand others’ ideas and input, but skilled in ensuring timely decisions; works to ensure that ultimate decisions are understood by others as a way of gaining ongoing support
- Pragmatic leader with a facilitative and consultative style
- Bridge-builder, consensus-seeker
***All materials will be treated as confidential.
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job; however, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.