Number Transfer (Porting) Specialist at RingCentral
Job Title: Number Transfer (Porting) Specialist
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Denver, CO
The Number Transfer Specialist position is part of a team that is responsible for the overall service delivery of voice and number porting to customers (new and existing) from the time the order is received to order completion. In addition, the Number Transfer Specialist directive is focused on providing quality customer service experience, timely product delivery, strong task management skills and the ability to identify problems and provide constructive resolution.
Creates and processes local service requests (LSR). Coordinates and monitors order progress with Local Exchange Carriers (LEC) and Interexchange Carriers (IXC). Processes orders using Carrier Portals and Internal databases. Coordinates order activities within internal departments, carriers, End-Users, and/or Vendors. Act as a porting project manager when requested.
- Creates and processes all new ports & installs for new or existing customers accurately and timely.
- Responsible for verifying the accuracy, provisioning and tracking orders from implementation/delivery to billing.
- Responsible for handling local number porting escalations by facilitating close and frequent customer communication and escalating with underlying carriers
- Responsible for coordinating with internal resources across multiple global locations regarding RingCentral Global Office cases for large, strategic global customers
- Responsible for handling project ports and holding the role of Porting Specialist for core Professional Services projects, closely updating the project manager and customer on porting updates for multiple global locations throughout the lifecycle of the project
- Initiate and maintain regular communications with customers and vendor to review and verify the order, review required information to provide services requested, schedule/coordinate service installation and communicate milestone dates with Customer and/or Vendor.
- Follow standard due date guidelines for each underlying service provider.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple projects and cases.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Manage day to day order process to ensure completion within established intervals.
- Perform data validation and entry as required.
- Develop and maintain liaison relationships both internal and external to the company.
- Practical knowledge of industry guidelines and practices for LNP CSR's and LSR's.
- Closely monitor porting lead times to ensure optimal port turnaround time
- Experience in dealing with Incumbent Local Exchange Companies (ILEC) for service as well as escalation procedures.
- The ability to escalate LNP Port In's
- Work closely with assigned project manager to ensure installs are properly handled.
- Troubleshooting with the Vendor for service impacting issues.
- Resolve assigned customer ticket issues.
- Ensure supplemental request are properly handled internally and externally.
- Customer Service, Quality Focus, Problem Solving, Documentation Skills, Listening, Phone Skills, Resolving Conflict, Analyzing Information, Multi-tasking, Critical Thinking, Pro-Active, Time Management, Organized, Troubleshooting skills.
- Able to read and interpret CSRs and LOA information from various carriers.
- Ability to use a personal computer and basic software applications; for example, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks while maintaining attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently.
- Two- or four-year college degree (preferred, not required)
- 5+ years of telecommunication porting/provisioning related experience and knowledge.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to escalate to 2nd level with carriers and follow-up for issue resolution.
- Attention to detail.
- Prior experience in provisioning LSR's & LNP orders
RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE: RNG) is a leading provider of global enterprise cloud communications, collaboration, and contact center solutions. More flexible and cost-effective than legacy on-premises systems, the RingCentral platform empowers employees to Work as OneTM from any location, on any device, and via any mode to better serve customers, improving business efficiency and customer satisfaction. The company provides unified voice, video meetings, team messaging, digital customer engagement, and integrated contact center solutions for enterprises globally. RingCentral's open platform integrates with leading business apps and enables customers to easily customize business workflows. RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California, and has offices around the world.
RingCentral is an EEO/AA employer.