Network Implementation Engineer at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Science
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
Network implementation and security team focused on optimization and collaborative approach to data and system protection. Great opportunity to make a direct impact with recommendations, design solutions and expertise
What you will be doing
In this role you will be performing all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction. This position can sit anywhere but may be asked to work out of an FIS location.
- Executes security controls to prevent hackers from infiltrating company information or jeopardizing programs.
- Maintains company firewall and utilizes applicable encryption methods.
- Creates information security documentation related to work area and completes requests in accordance with company requirements.
- Resolves and/or performs follow through to resolve all information security issues and questions.
- Implements and administers information security controls using software and vendor security systems.
- Identifies opportunities and executes plans to improve workflow and understands and quantifies business impacts of those improvements for communication to management.
- Develops solutions and designs network architecture to resolve challenges proactively
- Provides status reports on security matters to develop security risk analysis scenarios and response procedures.
What you bring:
- 5+ years of professional experience with Network Engineering and Firewall technology
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, computer science or information systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
- Knowledge of security technologies (encryption, data protection, design, privilege access, etc.)
- Experience with Network technology i.e. Fortinet, Palo Alto and Cisco (protocols, design concepts, access control). Proficient with Firewall implementation and management
- Background managing multiple firewall devices in larger enterprise environment
- Familiarity with architecture from networking design and engineering perspective
- Skilled with optimization and performance improvement
- Confident communication and ability to develop solutions
Added bonus if you have:
- CCNA or CCNP would be desirable or other security focused certifications for Palo Alto etc
- Flexible, adaptable and comfortable working with intangibles
What we offer you
- Attractive benefits including private medical cover, dental cover, and travel insurance
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A modern, international work environment and a dedicated and motivated team
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.