Through our publishers, Sovrn Holdings reaches over 200 million people every day, generating over 10 billion HTTP requests daily. These requests must be processed in less than 250 milliseconds, and result in several petabytes of data on a monthly basis. The exciting technical problems we solve require a world class team and engineering culture to deliver against our mission.
Sovrn, is currently seeking a Network Engineer to play an integral role in identifying, prioritizing, and resolving critical network related issues that impact business operations. Reporting to the Director of Reliability, you will be responsible for identifying key areas of improvement to our applications and networking configurations that are utilized to run the day-to-day operations of the business. You will be relied upon to proactively seek and communicate solutions to network-related issues, help improve our requirements surrounding low latency, and drive critical changes that can be used to improve the overall health of the network. The Network Engineer will work closely with our other engineers on projects and tasks requiring collaboration and cross-functional application knowledge.
- Develop and Implement network configurations and standards (highly available, low latency).
- Coordinate with stakeholders to provide technical networking solutions and improve health of our applications.
- Prioritize and resolve issues of the highest technical and business severity.
- Document network topologies, hardware elevations, and configuration details.
- Create and modify network documentation.
- Maintain and implement monitoring of networking devices.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Works well in a team environment, as well as independently.
- Understanding of TCP/IP stack and data flows
- Strong understanding of Enterprise network services
e.g. Routing (mostly BGP, RIP), DNS, Addressing (Static and DHCP)
- Extensive experience analyzing network traffic (especially layers 1-4).
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Understanding of load balancing technology (both local and global traffic management)
- Enjoys and excels at problem solving and assisting others.
- Attention to detail with the ability to multitask and prioritize; strong organizational skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure to deliver high-quality solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline, Engineering/CS/Information Systems degree preferred
- Experience with Low-latency environments preferred
Position Reports to: Director, Reliability
We spend a great deal of our time online. Whether it’s for information, commerce, or entertainment, each of us has come to depend on what we research, discover, and share. Publishers – those who create and curate content – are what makes the Internet great. Yet these publishers practice their craft largely alone, in siloes – without reference points or insightful understanding about where they sit in the grand scheme of things. To add to the challenge, once a Publisher’s content is in the wild, then the task of building engagement, growing a loyal following and enriching the engagement with that following can sometimes feel like shots in the dark or worse, a black box. Moreover, making money from their craft can be a complex task for any independent publisher who might prioritize generating content first and money second.
Sovrn believes that independent publishers are the Internet's vibrancy. As a partner and advocate to tens of thousands of independent publishers, Sovrn provides tools, technologies and services that help publishers (a) make money; (b) get distribution to grow their audience; and (c) access a massive data commons providing extraordinary insights.
The landscape of content networks, adtech vendors, and the myriad of buy-side / sell-side companies can be a complete maze for any reasonable person to decipher. Sovrn cuts through the noise and simplifies things with a basic, straightforward mission:
Help content creators do more of what they want to do – and less of what they don’t