Clearance Requirement: A current, active TS/SCI CI Polygraph security clearance is required.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Network Administrator II – Audio-Visual
Ball Aerospace is seeking an Audio-Visual (AV) Administrator to join our team! The position will primarily support audio-visual needs for customer engagements, special events, leadership meetings and virtual events/engagements. You will also be involved in developing and supporting immersive and interactive engagement platforms that will be in the lobby areas of the various campuses. You will also work closely with our Extended Reality Group (XRG) to explore and develop new ways to engage virtually with VR/AR enhancements.
This position will help shape the experience that customers, external visitors and guests, leadership and internal team members have while utilizing audio-visual features onsite or virtually. You will also play a critical role as a culture champion in support of nurturing Ball’s culture. You will be tasked with managing a conference center, an executive conference room, several interactive/immersive elements and will also play a pivotal role in future customer engagement developments. The job entails the use of technical knowledge and understanding of various types of equipment to include LED video walls, Creston systems and various audio/sound systems and elements. A substantial working knowledge of IT and AV systems/components, including event producer experience, is required. As this position will work closely with customers and internal-business partners, the ability to work with various cultures, protocols, customs, and strict adherence to company guidelines, policies, and procedures are required.
What You’ll Do:
As a member of the Collaboration team, contribute to upholding the responsibility for the effective operation of Ball Aerospace’s audio-visual needs through the following responsibilities:
- Assisting with the setup and operation of the audiovisual, multimedia, and computing systems for various engagements and events to include:
- Customer engagements
- Executive leadership events
- Training sessions
- Virtual events and engagements
- Special events
- Working closely with the Customer Engagement & Events team within Marketing and Communications
- Collect requirements regarding the audio and visual actions to be performed and effects desired before and during an engagement
- Collaborating on new technologies and experiences
- Collaborate with the Extended Reality Group (XRG) to explore and develop new ways to engage virtually with VR/AR enhancements.
- Maintain, and support collaboration services equipment to include:
- Crestron audio and video switching hardware, room and area displays, integrated and standalone microphones, and related VTC/AV equipment
- Leverage previous knowledge of Cisco VCS, Cisco Expressway, Cisco TMS, Cisco Unified Communications. Manager, Cisco WebEx, and Microsoft Teams to ensure rooms are connected properly and resolve any issues during engagements.
- Plan, build, commission, and support collaboration technologies through:
- Assisting with the creation of requirements needed to install systems that fully meet design specifications
- Working with AV integration vendors to implement and troubleshoot conference rooms with complex AV requirements
- Performing specialized technical tasks in the installation, configuration, operation, and maintenance of complex AV equipment
- Reading and interpreting AV system drawings, schematics, and construction plans
- Troubleshooting and resolving issues that arise with unacceptable voice, video, or display quality
- Diagnose and troubleshoot AV equipment failures and make minor adjustments to AV equipment and systems
- Strive for rooms with rich AV capabilities and features while making them easy to use for end-users.
- Provide training to end-users on proper use of collaboration features to ensure their success.
- Provide operational assistance as needed to Ball team members to prepare for, conduct, and reset infrastructure at conclusion of events.
- Create and maintain conference room specific documentation and inventory.
- Install low voltage wiring and cable and assemble equipment/devices using the appropriate supports/mounts.
- Uphold audio and visual hardware and software standards.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- Related Bachelor’s and 5 or more years of related experience; or HS Diploma and 11 or more years of related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Associate’s, Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for additional years of experience.
- Related certifications may count towards years of related experience.
- Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Professional demeanor and excellent people skills including the ability to interact well with customers, internal business partners, field technicians, engineers, and management.
- Certified Technology Specialist preferred.
- Demonstrated experience assisting VIPs including customers, executives, and other high-profile presenters.
- Experience with production requirements and timelines of customer engagements and events planning.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven experience with video conferencing solutions to include:
- Crestron audio and video switching hardware, Mersive technology, room displays, integrated and standalone microphones, and related VTC/AV equipment
- Knowledge of Cisco VCS, Cisco Expressway, Cisco TMS and Cisco Unified Communications Manager.
- Experience with Cisco WebEx, Microsoft Teams.
- Experience with Cisco TelePresence Codecs preferred.
- Preferred experience with related technologies to include:
- Network routing and switching
- Network QoS
- Network Security
- Foundational understanding of video conferencing protocols to include:
- SIP, H.323, H.264, H.265
- Consistent troubleshooting skills required, sometimes in a high-pressure environment including large, high-profile meetings.
- Ability to act quickly and decisively with solutions to unexpected issues while under pressure.
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $87,000 - $117,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.