Network Administrator I - Audio-Visual at Ball Aerospace (Greater Boulder Area, CO)
At Ball Aerospace, we care about the health and safety of our team members, their families and our communities. Ball Aerospace will comply with Executive Order 14042 and all team members will be required to provide proof of completed vaccination status as a condition of employment as stated within the Order, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Network Administrator I
Ball Aerospace is seeking an Audio-Visual (AV) Administrator to join our team! The position will primarily support audio-visual needs for customer engagements, special events, leadership meetings and virtual events/engagements. You will also be involved in developing and supporting immersive and interactive engagement platforms that will be in the lobby areas of the various campuses.
This position will help shape the experience that customers, external visitors and guests, leadership and internal team members have while utilizing audio-visual features onsite or virtually. You will also play a critical role as a culture champion in support of nurturing Ball’s culture. You will be tasked with managing a conference center, an executive conference room, several interactive/immersive elements and will also play a pivotal role in future customer engagement developments. The job entails the use of technical knowledge and understanding of various types of equipment to include LED video walls, Creston systems and various audio/sound systems and elements. As this position will work closely with customers and internal-business partners, the ability to work with various cultures, protocols, customs, and strict adherence to company guidelines, policies, and procedures are required.
What You’ll Do:
- As a member of the Collaboration team, contribute to upholding the responsibility for the effective operation of Ball Aerospace’s audio-visual needs through the following responsibilities.
- Assist with the setup and operation of the audio/visual, multimedia, and computing systems for various engagements and events to include:
- Customer engagements
- Executive leadership events
- Training sessions
- Virtual events and engagements
- Special events
- Work closely with the Customer Engagement & Events team within Marketing and Communications:
- Collect requirements regarding the audio and visual actions to be performed and effects desired before and during an engagement
- Collaborate on new technologies and experiences
- Maintain and support collaboration services equipment to include Crestron audio and video switching hardware, room and area displays, integrated and standalone microphones, and related VTC/AV equipment.
- Leverage previous experience with Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Cisco WebEx, and Microsoft Teams to ensure rooms are connected properly and resolve any issues during engagements.
- Assist with the design, planning, building, commissioning, and support of collaboration technologies through:
- The discovery and documentation of requirements needed to install systems that fully meet design specifications
- Work with AV integration vendors to implement and troubleshoot conference rooms with complex AV requirements
- Perform specialized technical tasks in the installation, configuration, operation, and maintenance of complex AV equipment
- Read and interpret AV system drawings, schematics, and construction plans
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues that arise with unacceptable voice, video, or display quality
- Diagnose and troubleshoot AV equipment failures and make adjustments to AV equipment and systems
- Strive for rooms with rich AV capabilities and features while making them easy to use for end-users
- Provide training to end-users on proper use of collaboration features to ensure their success
- Provide operational guidance and assistance as needed to Ball team members to prepare, conduct, and reset infrastructure at conclusion of events.
- Create and maintain conference room specific documentation and inventory.
- Install low voltage wiring and cable and assemble equipment/devices using the appropriate supports/mounts.
- Define and uphold audio and visual hardware and software standards.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others to maintain positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- Related Bachelor’s and 2 or more years of related experience; or HS Diploma and 8 or more years of related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Associate’s, Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for additional years of experience.
- Related certifications may count towards years of related experience.
- Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Professional demeanor and excellent people skills including the ability to interact well with customers, internal business partners, field technicians, engineers, and management.
- Certified Technology Specialist or Certified Technology Specialist preferred.
- Demonstrated experience assisting VIPs including customers, executives, and other high-profile presenters.
- Experience with production requirements and timelines of customer engagements and events planning.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven experience with video conferencing solutions to include:
- Crestron audio and video switching hardware, Mersive technology, room displays, integrated and standalone microphones, and related VTC/AV equipment
- Experience with Cisco VCS, Cisco Expressway, Cisco TMS, Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Cisco WebEx, Microsoft Teams.
- Experience with Cisco TelePresence Codecs.
- Experience with related technologies to include:
- Network switching
- Network security
- Understanding of video conferencing protocols to include SIP, H.323, H.264, H.265.
- Consistent troubleshooting skills required, sometimes in a high-pressure environment including large, high-profile meetings.
- Ability to act quickly and decisively with solutions to unexpected issues while under pressure.
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $73,500 - $99,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.