Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world’s most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo’s 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo’s communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, and dedicated Internet access. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
This role is responsible for providing advanced technical support to maintain products and services, performs testing and coordination, use of CLR, vendor management, escalations, and other duties related to maintaining the network. Works independently under minimal supervision. Performs a wide spectrum of moderately difficult assignments requiring alternative analysis, innovation, and judgement. Assumes all routine tasks for major or multiple projects, and is periodically called upon to make un-reviewed decisions. Has strong internal and external networking skills. Will act as the primary technical leader for direction, knowledge and process. This position will have ‘dotted line’ reports and be responsible for related staff time management, duties, service and network/client support. This position will be expected to participate in and drive discussions related to the development of staff, network and systems as they relate to the best interest of Zayo and our clients.
- Suspends any network activity that places the network at risk.
- Performs advanced troubleshooting/diagnostics to identify problem areas for resolution.
- Runs tests, checks processes, and assists with repair coordination activities.
- Tracks trouble resolutions, provides ticket updates and other information to customers.
- Coordinates with technicians and dispatches field technicians to provide maintenance/repairs and service.
- Performs remote testing, coordinates off-net testing, and performs escalations.
- Interacts with customers; attends customer meetings, and maintains knowledge of customer needs.
- Gathers information and provides network data analysis.
- Provides technical consultation/coaching, and mentoring for technicians and staff.
- Participates in quality control, performance/process improvement measurement & amp; tracking: assists in developing policies & amp; procedures.
- Assists in identifying training needs and establishing training processes and programs.
- Provides escalation support on customer problem calls.
- May provide assistance with projects to ensure successful completion.
- May fill in for management when not available to maintain workflow.
- Accepts the primary lead role for the NCC, specific to assigned network, resources and systems.
- Assist with performance evaluations or disciplinary investigations as the need arises.
- High School Diploma plus 6+ years related technical experience.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask.
- Computer application skills.
- Ability to perform troubleshooting and diagnostics.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Benefits, Rewards & Wellness
Annual Incentive Plan (AIP) - Full-time Zayo employees are also eligible for discretionary AIP which is based on the performance of the Company, an employee’s business segment, and the individual employee
Sales Incentive Plan - Full-time Zayo sales employees are also eligible for discretionary incentive cash compensation through our Sales Incentive Plan
Excellent Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
Retirement 401(k) Savings Plan
Fitness membership discounts
Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Please note, in accordance with Zayo's commitment to providing and maintaining a workplace free of recognized hazards, all U.S. and Canadian employees and any employee, vendor, customer, or visitor who enters a Zayo office or facility in the U.S. and Canada must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of such vaccination. If you are hired by Zayo, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination or have a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated.