National Performance Manager at Markit Digital
Our Company was founded on the idea that there are patterns in people's behavior that, with the right logic, can be used to predict future outcomes. We are a rapidly growing organization that works in partnership with our customers to create solutions that are simply not found anywhere else. Our culture is creative and entrepreneurial where everyone contributes to company goals in very real way. We are a hardworking group, but we have a lot of fun with what we do and are looking for new people with a similar mindset to join the organization.
What we do
Our proprietary software-as-a-service helps dealerships and sales teams better understand and predict exactly which customers are ready to buy, the reasons why, and the key offers and incentives most likely to close the sale. Its micro-marketing engine then delivers the right message at the right time to those customers, ensuring higher conversion rates and a stronger ROI.
What will you do?
As a National Performance Manager, you will go wherever, whenever to tackle whatever is necessary to assist Dealer Relations improve the health & retention of our dealer partners. From attending cancel save meetings to covering a Dealer Relations Manager (DRM) territory while the next DRM is hired, trained, & certified, the role of National Performance Manager does it all. There is no task to small or challenge to big that a National Performance Manager can't handle.
- This position will cover a geographical area and work cross functionally with Regional Area Managers, General Managers and National Enterprise Account Team
- Partner with customers to identify challenges and understand their business needs to establish the best solutions that automotiveMastermind can provide by selling PMC Commitment Contracts, Package Pricing, and/or Conquest Upsells.
- Solution selling, as a consultative approach, to gain buy-in for a long-term contract that provides a full package of solutions, not individual items or short-term contracts
- Effectively communicate the value proposition of Mastermind through proposals & presentations at dealerships
- Ability to close new contracts with revenue upside and long-term reoccurring revenue terms
- Have a strong ability to build bridges across verticals and overcommunicate goals & objectives of the team
- Ability to forecast sales plans hit individual quotas
- Potentially cover a Dealer Relations territory following a promotion or expansion until a permanent Dealer Relations Manager is hired with duties including:
- Day-to-day dealer partner relationship management and championing the adoption/ongoing use of the company product in the dealerships.
- Execute launch planning, manages the product implementation and deliver initial and ongoing training to meet the needs of the dealers in the area through regular monthly performance visits.
- Act as the first point of contact for dealer partners to handle issues and follow up on those that have been escalated.
- Bring best practice knowledge of the product to our dealer partners to support the company's value proposition every day
- Possess an in-depth understanding of the product functionality and related services in addition to an overview of the technical functionality in order to train effectively & communicate appropriate usage.
- Ensure that product changes, new features and releases are communicated and implemented in a timely manner.
Who are you?
- A challenger personality type who is comfortable having tough conversations with Key Decision Makers
- Focused on hitting & exceeding Dealer Relations revenue targets: PMC revenue increase, package conversions, 6 months + term commitments and conquest
- Comfortable conducting QBR's and drive maximum revenue with long term commitments
- Someone looking to take opportunities to maximize revenue opportunities at each dealership they encounter
- Proactive self-starter who is flexible, creative, and has a positive attitude
- Willing to help train/empower Dealer Relations team members to conduct QBRs and drive maximum revenue with long term commitment
- Ability to focus on rehabilitating Red/Yellow Health Status dealers through partnership agreements, conversion to package, or contract renegotiation when necessary
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Management, Marketing or a related field
- 5+ years of professional work experience in sales in a luxury retail environment.
- Proven track record of consistently hitting and exceeding territory retention and revenue quotas
- Auto retail experience is strongly preferred however, if you do not have prior auto retail experience, you must be passionate about cars
- Strong project management skills
- Significant working experience with CRM tools and reporting
- Thinks quickly, works fast, and embraces change
- Exceptional oral & written communication skills
- Great at execution: results driven, detail oriented, organized self-starter
- Strong business and financial acumen in daily work product
- Establishes meaningful relationships and easily builds strong rapports with clients
- Experience effectively negotiating, upselling and closing new business deals without discounts
- Proactively solicits feedback, asks questions, and resolves issues in a non-confrontational way
- Regularly self-assess with objective evidence and adapts work product to achieve better results
- Vested interest in the overall company's success
Be ready to travel:
This role requires 90%-100% travel within defined region of the US. This unique position will require extreme flexibility with your personal schedule and the ability to pick up and go without much notice.
- This position may require moving from one territory to another within the defined region for extended periods of time to back fill any promotions or new territory additions until a permanent employee is put in place
- Must be willing to travel on Sunday nights for Monday morning launches as needed
The candidates must be able to meet the physical demands of this job with or without reasonable accommodations.
Expected hours of work:
This is a full-time position, generally Monday through Friday 9 AM - 6 PM. Holidays and weekends may be required.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, in order to comply with applicable federal, state, and local vaccine mandates (including those in place for US federal contractors), US employees may be required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated, unless they have been approved for an accommodation due to a medical reason, a sincerely held religious belief or another legally protected reason. The company also participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the US.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.