MOSAIC - Tactical Solutions Manager at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Tactical Solutions Strategic Business Unit delivers mission system solutions, from specialized antennas to electro-optical technologies, to the warfighter. Our systems enhance the performance of various military platforms, from aircraft and land vehicles to ships and satellites, and give warfighters the advantage they need to take action, identify targets and defend against evolving threats.
MOSAIC – Tactical Solutions Manager
MOSAIC-TS is the mission analysis department within Ball's Tactical Solutions (TS) Strategic Business Unit (SBU). The group performs broad defense systems analysis to develop future architectures, estimate systems of systems performance, model threats and threat interactions, predict and analyze large scale flight test activities, and communicates with senior leadership at high levels. MOSAIC-TS supports the TS missions of air vehicle survivability, electronic warfare, radio frequency (RF) and electro-optic / infrared (EO/IR) sensing, tracking, and targeting, and resilient network communications. This position, MOSAIC-TS manager, reports to Vice President and General Manager of the TS SBU, serves as the business and functional manager of the group and is primarily responsible for the delivery of all analysis products and the quality of communications.
What You'll Do:
- Develop and execute a long-term plan for mission analysis projects, tool development, hiring and development of staff across a broad variety of Tactical Solutions Missions.
- Develop and communicate the team's vision, direction, strategy.
- Functionally manage a team of analysts, to include hiring (growth of team, as appropriate based on business need), staffing of analysts to projects and programs, performance appraisals, mentoring assignments, and personnel development.
- Provide leadership and functional management of principal staff by exhibiting behaviors aligned with the tenants of Ball's Inspire, Connect and Achieve (ICA) leadership model. The behaviors would include developing and leading others, understanding this is the highest priority; creating a sense of belonging and an inclusive environment for the whole team to thrive, connecting and establishing relationships with direct reports, peers, and manager.
- Ensure that the team clearly understands the value and expectations related to Diversity and Inclusion and operates in alignment with those expectations.
- Manage and report on internal budgets for tool development, team development, team training, and overhead expenses.
- Be responsible for the quality and clarity of communications such that they are high level, understandable, and easy to follow.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for TS Mission Areas and other Ball Aerospace SBUs / SSUs.
- Work with TS Mission areas to prioritize work and meet internal commitments on new business and direct program systems analysis.
- Manage and strategically evaluate innovative modeling and analysis tools and environments; incorporate into long-term plan as applicable.
- Set and work to milestones for specific projects and provide solutions to a variety of technical problems.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need:
- BS/BA in related field plus 10 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master's Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Demonstrated experience with broad defense systems analysis, particularly in the relevant mission areas listed above.
- Empirical experience in Physics, Mathematics, Engineering, or a related technical field; Graduate degree preferred.
- Demonstrated experience successfully creating and presenting highly technical material to executive audiences.
- Broad technical backgrounds including academic research experience preferred.
- Ability to mentor others to document analysis results, write reports, present findings.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- A demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $132,500 - $183,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.