Clearance Requirement: A current, active TS/SCI security clearance is required.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Security and Mission Assurance Strategic Support Unit provides discriminating support to the business to ensure success. We focus on threat identification, risk assessment, and mitigation while improving the efficiency of the business through effective governance and analysis of process, data and overall business knowledge.
Mission Operations Assurance Manager I
Perform the project engineer and management functions to execute the mission assurance and risk management of mission operations for National Defense programs at Ball Aerospace. This position will monitor and control risks to operations, enterprise testing, and external systems integration on multiple programs at Ball Aerospace. A key leader, partner, and essential member of the Program Management team, the MOAM actively participates in program decision making, technical reviews, anomaly resolution, risk management and is responsible for establishing a culture of Quality, Accountability and Performance.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with program and mission-system personnel to define, assess, and analyze mission level operations requirements and identify impacts to the customer and end-users.
- Quantify mission-level risk for the Operations and Maintenance (O&M) phases of a program and facilitate transition from program development to operations with controlled, well understood risks.
- Support proposal activity by providing Operations Assurance leadership with estimates related to fulfilling mission operations assurance requirements.
- Provide analysis, guidance and risk assessment for mission operations through program life cycles as needed.
- Interface with program personnel such as designers, customers, suppliers, management, and mission assurance disciplines to provide best-value mission/system/program solutions.
- Interface with program personnel and customers to provide best-value solutions for enterprise test configuration, execution and reviews.
- Provide situational awareness to Ground SEIT teams during system integration with external stakeholders.
- Translate customer objectives into internal requirements, procedures, and products based on company standards and ISO standards.
- Plan, direct, and review efforts of mission operations execution to support the program requirements while working to cost and schedule constraints.
- Inspire and Connect with team members, customers and subject matter experts to provide program Mission Assurance leadership and Achieve Mission Success.
- Actively participate in design, production/test readiness, and other reviews and audits with the ability to make risk-informed decisions.
- Formally present information and communicate effectively with Program Management, Executive Leadership and Customers.
- Maintain a collaborative and informational-based relationship with customer counterparts.
- Foster trusted advisor relationships with Program Management, other program team leads, and on-site customers as required.
- Develop and maintain metrics to measure levels of task activity progress and product quality.
- Schedule, budget, and milestone monitor as well as review technical reports to assure technical and contractual compliance.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in related field plus 8 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school that is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- 5 or more years of continuous, related, progressive experience in mission operations, system architectural development, modeling, and/or risk assessment preferred.
- Collaborative working skills with programs, cross-disciplinary teams and with management.
- Expertise/experience with assessing and quantifying system-level cyber mission risk preferred.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $118,500 - $163,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.