Mission Assurance Manager II at Ball Aerospace (Greater Boulder Area, CO)
At Ball Aerospace, we care about the health and safety of our team members, their families and our communities. Ball Aerospace will comply with Executive Order 14042 and all team members will be required to provide proof of completed vaccination status as a condition of employment as stated within the Order, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Security and Mission Assurance Strategic Support Unit provides discriminating support to the business to ensure success. We focus on threat identification, risk assessment, and mitigation while improving the efficiency of the business through effective governance and analysis of process, data and overall business knowledge.
Mission Assurance Manager II
In Security and Mission Assurance, we lead to protect our people, data and mission; we are looking for someone who carries those same values. Security and Mission Assurance has an unwavering focus on mission success and strives to be a true mission partner. Will you be our next champion to help us go beyond with Ball?
You will be a key leader, partner, and essential member of the Program Management team. As the MA Program Assurance Leader you will actively participate in program decision making, technical reviews, anomaly resolution, risk management and be responsible for establishing a culture of mission success.
This position will report to the Civil Space Business Assurance Manager. You will be supporting proposals and programs for the Civil Space portfolio, where we enable our customers to better understand our planet and universe by working as a mission partner to deliver science at any scale.
The phrase, “People, Data & Mission” embodies what Security & Mission Assurance delivers to the business, as we strive to be a true mission partner.
What You’ll Do:
- Be a visionary contributor to the program leadership team. Team with; program managers, lead system engineers, integrated supply chain managers, and integration & test managers to deliver hardware and missions that are meaningful to our customers, nation, and world.
- Own communication channels and interface with Program Customer Mission Assurance representatives.
- Spearhead execution of Mission Assurance requirement flow down, and verification and validation.
- Own the implementation of standard company processes for assigned program(s) by development and execution of Mission Assurance Plan(s), through each of the assigned functional disciplines.
- Balance regarding technical risks against cost and schedule constraints; defend them when needed.
- Build out a budgetary and scheduled plan for Mission Assurance tasks and activities for the course of a program lifecycle. Investigate and disseminate reporting of project metrics to develop a continuous feedback loop of improvement. Champion and envision process improvement for current and future programs.
- Align and organize the Mission Assurance Integrated Product Team (Supplier Assurance Managers, EEE Parts Engineering, Reliability, Radiation Effects, Hardware Quality and Software Assurance, Materials and Processes Engineering, Contamination Control, Systems Safety, and Operations Assurance)
- Lead and support anomaly and failure review board processes as required, coordinating Subject Matter Expertise
- Be adaptable; have the ability to navigate between strategic thought and tactical implementation in technical and programmatic settings with various stakeholders.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 10 or more years related experience
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Leadership skills to Inspire and Connect with team members, customers and subject matter experts to provide program Mission Assurance leadership and Achieve Mission Success preferred.
- Technical background to engage the MA team for in design, production/test readiness, and other reviews and audits with the ability to make risk-informed decisions preferred.
- Interpersonal skills to foster advisor relationships with Program Management, other program team leads, and on-site customers as required preferred.
- Presentation skills to formally present information and communicate effectively with Program Management, Executive Leadership and Customers preferred.
- Experience with scheduling, budgeting, and milestone monitoring as well as reviewing technical reports to assure technical and contractual compliance preferred.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or cleanroom, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $136,000 - $187,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
Job Referral Fee: $3,000.00
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.