At Ball Aerospace, we care about the health and safety of our team members, their families and our communities. Ball Aerospace will comply with Executive Order 14042 and all team members will be required to provide proof of completed vaccination status as a condition of employment as stated within the Order, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Security and Mission Assurance Strategic Support Unit provides discriminating support to the business to ensure success. We focus on threat identification, risk assessment, and mitigation while improving the efficiency of the business through effective governance and analysis of process, data and overall business knowledge.
Mission Assurance Manager I
Perform the Project Engineering and Management activities required to plan and execute the Mission Assurance (MA) baseline on Space Programs. Mission Assurance Managers (MAM) provide the required independent oversight and program execution leadership for all Mission Assurance and Specialty Engineering aspects of system design, build, integration, testing, and mission operations of an Aerospace Program. A key leader, partner and essential member of the Program Management team, the MAM actively participates in program decision making, technical reviews, anomaly resolution, risk management and is responsible for establishing a culture of Quality, Accountability and Performance throughout the program. The MAM is accountable for Cost and Schedule of the Mission Assurance (MA) Integrated Product Team, coordinates the development, delivery and approval of all MA related program artifacts, and is responsible for establishing and maintaining customer relationships through communication, collaboration and partnership towards achieving mission success.
What You’ll Do:
- Prime responsibility is to support assigned program(s), to be planned and executed to meet Mission Assurance requirements using standard company processes. This is accomplished via the development and execution of program-unique Mission Assurance Plan(s), through each of the assigned functional disciplines.
- Review Customer document flow downs (e.g. Contract, Specifications, Mission Assurance Requirements Document, Industry Standards) and collaborate with the Program Office and Customer representatives to clarify, negotiate, decompose and establish an executable Mission Assurance Requirements Baseline for the Program. May be required to derive requirements and establish an appropriately scaled Mission Assurance baseline, with or without Customer support and/or formal requirements documents.
- Oversee the allocation (via subcontract SOWs, Mission Assurance Specifications, Environmental Design Specifications, etc.) of requirements internally and to external suppliers, and ultimately verifying compliance to all assurance-related contractual customer requirements on a program, through delegation to a team of Systems Assurance subject matter experts.
- Plan, budget and schedule Mission Assurance tasks and activities over the course of a program lifecycle. Monitor, report and manage project metrics on regular basis using formal and informal tools.
- Lead and Manage the Mission Assurance Integrated Product Team (EEE Parts Engineering, Reliability, Radiation Effects, Hardware and Software Quality, Materials and Processes Engineering, Contamination Control and Systems Safety) to ensure that the design has sufficient performance margins, failure-recovery capabilities, resiliency, and high pedigree upon test-completion, such that mission success is achieved.
- Manage and support the planning, generation and delivery of all MA-related CDRLs or SDRLs per the SOW and contract on the program.
- Lead and support anomaly and failure review board processes as required, coordinating Mission Assurance Subject Matter Expertise, and supporting project decisions regarding Quality Assurance from project initiation through final delivery.
- Support Project Management Office and Systems Engineering team in the identification, evaluation, and reporting of all risks to the “mission” (current and residual), including those that result from failures and deviations, to the prescribed risk threshold.
- Inspire and Connect with team members, customers and subject matter experts to provide program Mission Assurance leadership and Achieve Mission Success.
- Actively participate in design, production/test readiness, and other reviews and audits with the ability to make risk-informed decisions.
- Formally present information and communicate effectively with Program Management, Executive Leadership and Customers.
- Maintain a collaborative and informational-based relationship with customer counterparts.
- Foster trusted advisor relationships with Program Management, other program team leads, and on-site customers as required.
- Develop and maintain metrics to measure levels of task activity progress and product quality.
- Efforts will involve scheduling, budgeting, and milestone monitoring as well as reviewing technical reports to assure technical and contractual compliance.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in related field plus 8 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $121.500 - $167,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.