Metallurgist, Associate at Ball Aerospace
Ball Corporation manufactures aluminum packaging for beverage, personal care and household products, and provides aerospace and other technologies for commercial and government customers. We have been in business for over 140 years and is leading the charge in creating solutions that keep our planet healthy. Ball Corp has been nationally recognized as a leading company in the creation of sustainable products (Fast Company World Changing Ideas award) as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity (Forbes Magazine.) Join our team of over 18,000 people worldwide in our quest to make the world a cleaner and healthier place. BE BIGGER THAN YOURSELF. BE UNSTOPPABLE. BE AN INSPIRATION. JOIN US IN MAKING THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE.
Provides technical support for the materials and processes metallurgical function as directed.
What will you be responsible for?
- Communicates with laboratory service customers to define problems.
- Performs scientific procedures as required by service requests.
- Applies scientific techniques to interpret and correlate data and recognizes discrepancies in results.
- Effectively communicates the results of scientific investigations along with appropriate conclusions and recommendations through verbal and written reports.
- Acquires knowledge of the Beverage Packaging products and processes through the investigations required to complete service requests.
- Keeps abreast of new developments in materials science.
- Works with senior staff to evaluate and select details of work to be performed among technical alternatives.
- Provides liaison and technical support to other disciplines of the laboratory services department.
- Thoroughly investigates plant technical problems, researches alternative solutions, and conceives solutions for the laboratory services department.
What are we looking for?
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college degree level education or work-related experience.
- Metallurgical Engineering B.S., no job related experience required.
- Work is performed with direction.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Makes presentations and leads group discussions.
- Failure analysis, materials characterization, exposure working in a laboratory and technical writing experience.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Hiring Salary Range: $ 60,000 - 90,000 (Salary to be determined by the applicant's education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in "@ball.com." Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans