Headquartered in Boulder, Colorado, PopSockets has been making Little Life Changers since 2014. Starting with its now famous PopGrip - a customizable, collapsible phone grip that enables you to text with one hand and prop your devices - PopSockets has designed and developed broad lines of empowering, expressive, and fun products, from PopWallet and PopMount, to PopPower, PopLips and much more that is on the way. Our products make the lives of our customers a little better every day, and by purchasing our products, our customers make others' lives a little better through our social impact programs, like Poptivism. Poptivism enables anyone to raise money for any charity by designing their own PopGrip and tagging a charity of their choice. We're looking for selfless, customer-obsessed, responsible, innovative, passionate, transparent, impactful, and courageous individuals to join us as we make an ever-growing positive impact, one Little Life Changer at a time.
PopSockets is looking for a Merchandising manager to lead our Merchandising strategies. As the Product Merchandising Manager, you will develop, communicate and execute retail and ecommerce channel merchandising strategies that meet financial and marketing objectives.
- Develop global channel planning and assortment strategies that achieve company sales objectives.
- Establish strategic view of the line targets for the company, optimizing assigned assortments for retail and ecommerce channels.
- Oversee Segmentation and assortment process for all distribution.
- Work with Sales and Marketing teams to get informed on key business opportunities from strategic accounts. Partner with PLM’s to inform and develop plans to hit these goals.
- Partner with PLM’s for strategic direction of assigned lines in driving Product LifeCycle strategies; which products/designs, to grow, maintain, or end of life.
- Approve assortment selection, product flow for the different channels, key accounts and assigned different retail categories.
- Pre-plan and manage workload and calendar adherence for key company and sales GTM dates.
- Read and react to current business/trends, partner with PLMs and operations on managing product selling life cycle.
- Thoroughly analyze product/account performance to inform all future merchandising strategies.
- Prepare and present seasonal account business plans and hindsight meetings.
- Partner with PLM, Marketing, and Creative to create an exciting customer experience.
- Think critically, understand and translate macro product trends, and deliver high output while driving strong business results.
- Report and react to returns data and customer ratings/reviews.
- Operate with the highest level of conduct, integrity, and confidentiality; setting the example for leaders and associates.
- Develop and nurture strong cross functional partnerships; driving business results and inspiring a culture of transparency, collaboration, and accountability.
- Serve as a Popsockets advocate in the industry and marketplace.
- Ability to balance a strong management presence with a high level of approachability, encouraging and eliciting associate feedback and interaction.
- 4 year Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Merchandising or other related field.
- 5+ years business experience, preferably for a retailer with both wholesale, and vertical distribution (ecommerce)
- Excellent in person presentation skills. Required to demonstrate a high level of confidence and point of view and poise in front of CEO and Senior Management.
- Required to verbally articulate business strategy to CEO and Senior Management.
- Strong written communication skills. Required to create presentations that clearly and accurately report business results and future projections.
- Independently able to drive a business and thrive in a fast paced, ever changing environment
- Committed to positive leadership by fostering an environment of trust, passion and pride.
- Strong technical skills including but not limited to: Outlook, Word, advanced Excel, and PowerPoint.
PopSockets is dedicated to the practice of equal opportunity employment. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants and employees on the basis of age, race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, color, creed, ancestry, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. This prohibition includes unlawful harassment based on any of these protected classes. Unlawful harassment includes verbal or physical conduct which has the purpose or effect of interfering with an individual’s work performance, or creating an intimidating, hostile, offensive, unsafe or otherwise non-welcoming work environment. This policy applies to all employees, including managers, supervisors, co-workers; and non-employees such as customers, clients, vendors, consultants, etc.