Member Support Specialist- Claims & Disputes at Hotel Engine (Greater Denver Area, CO)
Hotel Engine is the world’s largest Lodging Performance Network, established to create a richer, more rewarding business travel experience by connecting a global network of businesses and lodging partners. Our innovative travel-tech company is on an incredible growth trajectory and will continue to build on our strong foundations by bringing our customer obsession, data-driven problem-solving, and bias for action into every decision we make.
In December of 2021, we closed our series B funding round with a $1.3 billion valuation, and that’s just the beginning. We expect 2022 to be our best year yet.
Working hard behind the scenes building and supporting our platform are exceptional people–from our large engineering and product teams to our fast-growing sales, supplier, and member support orgs, to our data, marketing, and operations teams.
We value our individuality, and we also understand that together, we thrive. Most importantly, we know we’re not for everyone! We’re focused on finding the right people who are energized by our culture, with diverse experiences and backgrounds that will help us unlock our full potential. Complacency doesn’t live here. We’ve built a team of world-class people who really want to work with other world-class people. Click here to view our DNA, and if you like what you see, please, read on!
Our Member Support team is growing and looking for customer service gurus with a dash of investigative flair. You are passionate about resolving issues and making sure that our books are balanced at the end of the day. This particular team of service minded employees also enjoys accounting mysteries – from uncovering random charges to negotiating with suppliers on a final resolution in regards to billing disputes. Our company is quickly growing, and therefore we are looking for an individual who wants to continually elevate the overall productivity, skills and development of our teammates while highlighting and implementing opportunities for efficiency gains.
This position is Monday – Friday from 8 am – 5 pm
- Collaborate with our suppliers and internal teams to resolve billing disputes
- Reconcile overcharges and miscellaneous discrepancies that come in via email and phone from our suppliers
- Be a sleuth – you have to investigate various anomalies in our billing department to see what happened and create a positive outcome
- Communicate solutions internally and externally to resolve issues
- Be meticulous about details. Our team requires accurate reporting and communication documentation to ensure positive resolutions, and therefore we require details notes on all interactions in regards to cases.
- Work with credit card companies in regards to credit card disputes by facilitating communication between parties
- Work across multiple online portals and can dexterously move between operating systems
- Reconcile our incidental program in working closely with accounting and our member Support department to help ensure correct billing was applied and balanced
- Pristine written & verbal communication skills - this job does require both phone and email communication across all teams
- Basic accounting skills is a plus! You love math
- A quick learner ready to grasp our systems, processes & procedures
- Ability to problem solve and work on several projects simultaneously while continuing to provide quality work
- Experience with Excel, Stripe and Salesforce.com (CRM) strongly preferred
- Forward thinker with the capacity to be creative in developing new ideas and implement proven methods for the team
- Able to work quickly and efficiently while still being thorough
- The total cash compensation for this role is $20/hour. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including prior experience, expertise & may vary from the amount above.
- This role is eligible for remote work based out of CO. Please speak with a recruiter to learn more.
Hotel Engine Total Rewards Philosophy | We recognize that there is more to work than day-to-day responsibilities. Hotel Engine has been recognized on Built-in Colorado’s Best Places to Work list 3 years in a row (2020-2022) for our positive culture and robust growth opportunities.
As a company, we’re also dedicated to giving back to our greater community, and have comprehensive corporate social responsibility programs supporting community, social justice and environmental causes. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer benefits including:
- Competitive base salaries
- Annual performance bonuses
- Stock options for all associates + performance-based stock options
- Insurance benefits including medical coverage (with a plan available at no cost to employees) + 100% paid dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan with a match program
- Unlimited PTO + 2 paid days each year to volunteer with your favorite non-profit
- Paid parental leave and family medical leave
- Hotel discounts through our exclusive platform
- The ability to make a real impact in an incredibly fast-growing organization; you’ll never be just another cog in the wheel.