Member Experience Manager - Evening at Hotel Engine
Hotel Engine, a startup based in Denver, is a leader in travel tech with a demonstrated track record of growth and impact. Our foundations are strong, and we’ve navigated the COVID-19 crisis by bringing our customer obsession, innovative platform, data-driven problem-solving, and bias for action into every decision. By partnering with tens of thousands of businesses and government agencies and hundreds of thousands of hotels around the world, we have built a resilient and adaptable business model and 2021 will be our best year yet. Working hard behind the scenes are exceptional people–from our large engineering and product teams, to our fast-growing sales, supplier and member experience orgs, to our data, marketing, and operations teams. As individuals and together, we show our DNA every day with our curiosity, will to win, ownership and high standards.
As a Member Experience Evening Manager, you will manage a growing team of individuals with varying tenure. You will be responsible for coaching at an individual level while making sure both team and personal metrics are being upheld. This includes key performance measures around response times in chat, phone and email communication, along with case resolution. We are looking for a positive people manager who is excited to motivate and engage our Member Experience team while modeling our HotelEngine DNA. Our company is quickly growing, and therefore we are looking for an individual who wants to continually elevate the overall productivity, skills and development of our teammates while highlighting and implementing opportunities for efficiency gains.
This position is Monday – Friday from 2 pm – 11 pm, (subject to change due to business needs), with one weekend a month required as a manager on duty. Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Here's what you'll do:
- Be a positive force on the team while exuding a “servant leader” mindset by both helping individuals win while accomplishing project implementation and management
- Collaborate with members via phone, email and chat to manage current reservations during hours in which your team is not present
- Assist in actively managing the incoming workflow to the team by assisting and delegating daily though team huddles and slack.
- Provide individual coaching and development for a team of 4 to 6 individuals. This includes 1 on 1 meetings, call reviews, developing and coaching hospitality and customer service skills, and assisting employees in achieving/exceeding monthly performance goals
- Ensure that communication from daytime to nighttime is flawless, including training and facilitating updates for the team when changes in process and product occurs
- Motivate and engage your team by thinking outside the box, including activities such as team building events, contests, and monthly incentives
- Collaborate with other leaders across the company to develop new strategies and best practices
- Own all HR administration related to direct reports, including timesheets, PTO requests, etc.
- Conduct interviews and work with our in-house recruiting team to bring on the best of the best to join our growing team.
- Help mediate high-level customer issues
Here's what we're looking for:
- 1+ years of customer service leadership or management experience in a tech/SaaS environment strongly preferred
- Excellent people leader utilizing relationship, coaching, and retention tools
- Experience with Excel, Call Center Analytics, and Salesforce.com (CRM) strongly preferred
- Naturally inclined to a solution-based approach for issue resolution
- You are a time management guru and can work through your day, week and month effectively.
- Forward thinker with the capacity to be creative in developing new ideas and implement proven methods for the team
- Able to work quickly and efficiently while still being thorough
- Excellent active listening skills
- People and results-driven with a bias towards action
- Eager to learn and continue personal development for the team
- Experience working in the hospitality industry or the travel tech industry a plus!
- The total cash compensation for this role is $75,000/year. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including prior experience, expertise & may vary from the amount above.
Hotel Engine Total Rewards Philosophy | We recognize that there is more to work than the day-to-day responsibilities. Hotel Engine is on Built in Colorado’s 2021 Best Places to Work list and provides each employee with the opportunity to take on new challenges that support their near and long-term goals in a high-growth, startup environment. We also give back and have comprehensive corporate social responsibility programs supporting community, social justice and environmental causes. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer benefits including:
- Competitive base salaries. Salary offers are based on the candidate's qualifications.
- Stock Options for all new hires
- Performance-driven commission opportunities for select roles
- Performance-driven equity awards
- Parental leave programs
- Generous time-off including open PTO, sick days and two paid volunteer days each year
- Insurance benefits including medical coverage, dental and vision offerings (with plans available at no cost to employees), as well as HSA/FSA, wellness, and disability offerings
- 401(k) plan with a match program