Who You Are
We seek fresh ideas, new points of view, a diversity of experiences and a dedication to delight that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us every single day.
What You’ll Do
When was the last time you called your health plan and got a satisfying answer to your question? Apostrophe has an open position for compassionate individuals who are willing to focus and commit to making health insurance easy and approachable for our members.
This is a job that is about creating a customer experience that people love and want to interact with. In this role, you will:
- Respond to member and provider emails, texts and calls about any and all topics.
- Help members find a high-quality doctor, or give them information on their benefit plan.
- Assist members with questions on their provider bills and offer payment plans.
- Occasionally call doctors’ offices to get a member into their appointment.
- After listening to the member’s needs and what a successful outcome will look like, you will take notes so that other peers on the team can then do research to find the best results.
- Actively establish relationships with members and providers to support smart use of healthcare resources and alert them of ways that Apostrophe can help.
- Recommend and try new ways to inspire customer delight.
- Be part of a busy start-up team and will jump in and help make the office tick by printing ID cards, onboarding packets, whatever it takes.
- Grow with us. You can get in at the beginning and be a part of a concierge service experience for members across the country.
Is this role right for you?
We are an early-stage technology company that believes healthcare is broken and needs to be fixed.
If you believe that it is possible to get good healthcare for a reasonable cost, join us. If you agree that no care is sometimes better than the wrong care, join us. If you know that people can and do make good healthcare decisions with full access to information, you should apply for this position. As a Member Care Specialist at Apostrophe, you will be part of the change you want to see.
Our Ideal Candidates:
If you’re deeply interested in working with us and have relevant skills and experience, please consider applying even if your background doesn’t perfectly match our ideal credentials. We are committed to diversity, so we especially encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply. All that being said, here are some of our ideal candidates’ backgrounds:
- Ideal candidates will have a healthcare background. Previous experience with claims or billing is a plus.
- Previous knowledge around deductibles etc. is a plus.
- Previous experience using Zendesk is a plus.
- We are seeking a high-energy individual who can get going quickly. You will handle multiple projects simultaneously. There will often be no rule book for how to handle any one issue. You may have to pave the path for the next person and document it so that we can learn and improve.
- You should have strong verbal and written skills to effectively collaborate with other team members and resolve issues. A lot of member communication is done by email and text. We encourage you to include a cover letter to show off your skills!
- Spanish speaking skills! We would love to hire more team members that speak Spanish fluently. Please consider applying if you speak Spanish.
- You should be highly adaptable to an ever-evolving industry. We learn new things every day. The right person for this position jumps into challenges and takes them head on.
- You have deep customer service values and empathy for the customer experience.
- We are an organization in the middle of growth and maintaining efficiency and multi-tasking is a must!
- We are also metrics driven and Member Care must know their KPIs.
- We’ll tell you the truth – this position comes with some natural stresses. So it is paramount that you are able to maintain a positive attitude through stressful moments, focus on our collective vision of what we aim to accomplish as a team and company, lean on your teammates to support you if you need help, as well as keep a solution-oriented mindset.
Work with an Awesome Team
- We collaborate often, and want you to be part of these brainstorms
- We talk practically about methodologies critical to long term success
- We think and work creatively — we love new ideas!
- As an early team member, you will help develop a culture of diversity, inclusion and excellence
- You are interested in learning what is involved in going from concept to scale
Role & Hours
We are currently hiring full-time Member Care Specialists for multiple positions.
- M-F 9:00am-5:00pm
- M-F 10:00am-6:00pm
Customer hours are 6:00am-6:00pm MT and on-call on weekends. Weekend shifts are rotated between the Member Care team (each person takes about 1 per month).
The position was in the Denver office 4 days per week, at least 1 day we work from home. In our current climate, we are mostly working remotely and at home. We do have an office in Denver available for use if you wish.
This is a full-time, entry-level role, with initial hourly wage depending on experience.
Who We Are
We are a Techstars Boulder 2017 company and certified B Corporation. Blue Cross Blue Shield Kansas, Royal Street Capital and Ulu Ventures and Norwest Venture Partners are helping us build a fast-growing, sustainable business based around our core values.
Apostrophe is a Denver tech company, but many of our clients are in the midwest and the southeast, in both mid-sized cities and rural areas, and representing traditional industries and the public sector. We will spend extra effort to seek out people familiar with these areas and backgrounds.
Our home base is near Downtown Denver, with plenty of parking and transit options nearby.
Apostrophe does not discriminate based on race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.