Member Care Specialist at Apostrophe, Inc.
What You’ll Do
When was the last time you called your health plan and got a satisfying answer to your question? Apostrophe has an open position for compassionate individuals who are willing to focus and commit to making health insurance easy and approachable for our members.
This is a job that is about creating a customer experience that people love and want to interact with. In this role, you will:
- Respond to member and provider emails, texts and calls about any and all topics.
- Help members find a high-quality doctor, or give them information on their benefit plan.
- Assist members with questions on their provider bills and offer payment plans.
- Occasionally call doctors’ offices to get a member into their appointment.
- After listening to the member’s needs and what a successful outcome will look like, you will take notes so that other peers on the team can then do research to find the best results.
- Actively establish relationships with members and providers to support smart use of healthcare resources and alert them of ways that Apostrophe can help.
- Recommend and try new ways to inspire customer delight.
- Be part of a busy start-up team and will jump in and help make the office tick by printing ID cards, onboarding packets, whatever it takes.
- Grow with us. You can get in at the beginning and be a part of a concierge service experience for members across the country.
Is this role right for you?
We are an early-stage technology company that believes healthcare is broken and needs to be fixed.
If you believe that it is possible to get good healthcare for a reasonable cost, join us. If you agree that no care is sometimes better than the wrong care, join us. If you know that people can and do make good healthcare decisions with full access to information, you should apply for this position. As a Member Care Specialist at Apostrophe, you will be part of the change you want to see.
Ideal candidates will have a healthcare background. We are jargon-free, so say goodbye to the usual acronyms and meaningless insurance terms you may be used to. Previous experience with claims or billing is a plus.
We are seeking a high-energy individual who can get going quickly. You will handle multiple projects simultaneously. There will often be no rule book for how to handle any one issue. You may have to pave the path for the next person and document it so that we can learn and improve.
You should have strong verbal and written skills to effectively collaborate with other team members and resolve issues. A lot of member communication is done by email and text.
Work with an Awesome Team
- We collaborate often, and want you to be part of these brainstorms
- We talk practically about methodologies critical to long term success
- We think and work creatively — we love new ideas!
- As an early team member, you will help develop a culture of diversity, inclusion and excellence
- You are interested in learning what is involved in going from concept to scale
Role & Hours
We are currently hiring full-time Member Care Specialists for multiple positions.
Customer hours are 6:00am-6:00pm and on-call on weekends. Weekend shifts are rotated between the Member Care team.
The position is in the Denver office 4 days per week, at least 1 day we work from home.
This is a full-time, entry-level role, with initial salary depending on experience.