Medical Coder and Biller at DispatchHealth
Medical Coder and Biller
DispatchHealth has redefined health care delivery to offer on-demand acute care and advanced medical care for people of all ages in the comfort of their own home. DispatchHealth’s emergency medicine and internal medicine-trained medical teams are equipped with all the tools necessary to treat common to complex injuries and illnesses. DispatchHealth works closely with payers, providers, health systems and others to deliver care in the home to reduce unnecessary emergency room visits, hospital stays and readmissions. Acute care medical teams are available seven days a week, evenings and holidays, and can be requested via app, online or a quick phone call. DispatchHealth is partnered with most major insurance companies. For more information, visit DispatchHealth.com.
Mission: Provide patient-centered care through the power of technology, convenience, and service.
This position requires knowledge and/or understanding of ED/Urgent care ICD-10 and CPT E/M coding scenarios for advanced healthcare services provided in the home and various healthcare facilities. Works directly with clinical providers, administrative staff, and RCM team to address and identify any billing issues and questions to process claims in a timely matter. The position consists of day to day coding and billing processes including but not limited to: claim submission, issue resolution, account receivables, document review, and other tasks assigned. Demonstrate a working knowledge and understanding of: medical terminology, Anatomy and Physiology, the current procedural terminology (CPT) and modifiers, the international classification of diseases (ICD-10), HCPCS coding classifications, and grasps the importance of accurate documentation, claim submittal and reprocessing. Must be self-motivated, show persistence and problem solve, work well independently and as part of a team, be innovative through teamwork and dedicated to performance for an exciting, face paced environment.
This position can be located in Denver, CO or remote.
- Code E&M visits daily with awareness of contract billing guidelines
- Analyze trends in documentation by providers and surfacing outliers
- Communicate with providers in a timely manner to clarify coding questions
Job Requirement and Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of 2 years of experience coding from provider notes
- AAPC coding certification
- Ability to work independently
- Great problem-solving skills
- Experience coding E&M visits a plus
- Experience with practices in multiple states a plus
- Medical billing experience a plus
- Career growth and investment
- Be part of a company that is innovative, exciting and progressive
- Competitive health and wellness benefits for full-time employees
- Flexible schedule
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job; however, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.