Mechanical Technician I
Blue Canyon Technologies is a leading provider of turnkey small satellite solutions, including nanosatellites, microsatellites, and ESPA-class. We specialize in precision pointing platforms based upon our high-performance attitude determination and control components. BCT’s highly experienced staff has developed low-cost, flight-proven, high-performance, high-reliability spacecraft systems and components that enable a wide range of missions for academic, commercial, and government applications. Our state-of-the-art spacecraft and subsystems are supporting LEO, GEO, Lunar, and interplanetary missions
- Work on small precision assemblies, work with small tools underneath a microscope, handle delicate parts and optics
- Take ownership and maintain documentation for complex, high-reliability assemblies
- Modify existing mechanical parts using hand and machine tools
- Be able to identify faulty parts during the assembly process
- Perform standard manufacturing procedures, rework, and repair on manufactured equipment and products
- Work with engineers to troubleshoot and solve technical issues
- Be willing to cross train in multiple areas of specialty
- Provide input for continuous process improvement, develop more refined ways of manufacturing and assembling mechanical parts and components
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have experience performing light mechanical assembly
- Ability to read and work to engineering documentation
- Excellent manual dexterity, ability to handle small parts
- Possess strong problem solving and communication abilities
- Familiarity with small tools used for hand-held assembly
- High standard of workmanship is a must
Desired Skills or Experience:
- 2-5 years experience working in an aerospace production environment
This job operates in a professional laboratory environment in a manufacturing company. This role uses standard laboratory and manufacturing equipment such as, microscopes, and various hand-held tools. This job operates in a professional office environment, but in a manufacturing company. This role uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, scanners, filling cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time, use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms, talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, bend, reach, and walk. The position requires some light physical effort. This would require the ability to lift or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities are required by this job which includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Blue Canyon Technologies is a drug-free workplace, Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Affirmative Action Employer to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics or covered veteran status or any other protected factor.