Materials Coordinator at AMP Robotics
AMP Robotics is a pioneer and industry leader in artificial intelligence and robotics for the recycling industry. Every day, we’re working to reimagine and actively modernize the world’s recycling infrastructure. Headquartered and manufacturing operations in Louisville, Colorado, we build and deploy cutting-edge technology solutions that solve many of the central challenges of recycling to make it more efficient, cost-effective, scalable, and sustainable.
We’re fostering an environment where talented, driven individuals can grow and create impact. We are looking for unconventional thinkers to join our mission; at AMP, your contributions have meaning and can spur change. With backing from top-tier investors and recognition including Fortune’s Impact 20, Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, and Forbes’ most promising artificial intelligence companies in America, we’re always seeking ways to better our operations, raising the bar on innovation, and looking to collaborate and improve each day in what we do. Learn more at AMPRobotics.com.
AMP Robotics is looking for a Materials Coordinator to manage, develop, and expand relationships around the acquisition and sales of recyclable materials. This role will work closely with our facility operations, finance and business development teams. This role requires a deep interest in recycling, as well as flexibility and adaptability to the evolving needs of AMP programs, projects and organization.
- Partner and Quality Management
- Manage and cultivate vendor relationships. Investigate and solve issues with shipments for both vendors and customers
- Communicate with partners to monitor inventories and anticipate production needs
- Resolve downgrades and rejects of waste material by dealing directly with the customer and the vendor
- Coordinate with the AMP commercial team on the evaluation and management of vendors in new market areas
- Pricing and Transaction Management
- Manage and update internal teams around commodity pricing and bale quality
- Responsible for daily, monthly, and quarterly documentation and accounting in partnership with facility operations, accounting and finance, and additional internal stakeholders
- Work closely with accounting to manage AP/AR and implement and manage software solutions to scale over time
- Initiate calls to customers to ensure timely and accurate invoicing. Record and prepare vendor payments in accordance with contracted terms. Ensure proper billing of freight and special charges. Issue debits and credits as necessary
- Arrange and negotiate third-party freight costs, when needed, for timely servicing of all customers' recyclable pick-ups
- Organize and manage deliveries, advise shipment delays and/or information necessary to set up deliveries. Initiate traces with carriers for proof of deliveries when needed
The successful candidate will have:
- Extensive professional network of suppliers and customers within the recycling industry
- Brokerage and direct end user experience with plastics, paper, metals, or recyclable commodities in general
- Experience with the purchasing, sale, and freight associated with recyclables or commodities in general
- Experience in managing multiple vendors, relationships and a general interest in contract management
- Experience and track record in growing or managing a commodity brokerage business
- Highly organized, able to simultaneously multiple projects and aspects of project development
- Autonomous, high-motor approach to execution and achievement. Self-motivated and outspoken about what is needed to get a job done
- Excellent Communication - Strategic listener, conscious conversationalist, and persuasive of people from a wide range of roles and backgrounds; Comfortable communicating with all types of stakeholders, including CEOs, facility managers, city planners, marketing managers
- High school diploma or equivalent required; bachelor’s degree a plus
- 3 to 5 years of experience
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 45 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus, and ability to accurately see and label color.
- Denver, CO
- Travel as needed - up to 20%
Affirmative Action/EEO Statement:
AMP Robotics is an equal opportunity employer. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at the Company will be based on job openings, merit, qualifications, and abilities as required by the position. The Company does not discriminate, and does not permit its employees to discriminate against other employees, applicants, customers, or independent contractors because of:
- Sexual orientation (including gender identity or expression, including a person's orientation toward heterosexuality, homosexuality, bisexuality, or transgender status)
- Pregnancy, childbirth, and related conditions
- Marital status
- National origin
- Military or veteran status
- Age (40 or over)
- Disability (including genetic information)
- Or, any other consideration made unlawful by applicable laws.
Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including recruitment, hiring, upgrading, training, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, discipline, layoff, recall, and termination.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We recognize that there is more to work than the day-to-day responsibilities. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer competitive base salaries; medical, dental and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off and sick time; flexible work hours; and the opportunity to quickly accelerate your learning and growth.
Salary & compensation information: $70,000 - $85,000
- Medical - The company covers up 85% to 100% of the premium for Cigna healthcare plans depending on the selection. Employees pay the difference in premium if they select a more expensive plan. Up to 75% for dependents.
- 401(k) retirement plan (non-matching).
- Seven (7) paid holidays – 7 company designated and 2 floating holidays. (salaried employees only)
- Referral bonuses for staff positions.
- Paid Vacation Leave – Accrues at a rate of ~4.67 hours (0.58 days) per pay period (2 weeks) starting day 1. Unused PTO carries over each year with a 1-year limit.
- Paid Sick Leave – 64 hours per year, given in full on start date, refreshes on anniversary.