At Ball Aerospace, we care about the health and safety of our team members, their families and our communities. Ball Aerospace will comply with Executive Order 14042 and all team members will be required to provide proof of completed vaccination status as a condition of employment as stated within the Order, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Material Specialist Senior
Are you interested in getting your foot in the door of a rapidly growing aerospace and defense manufacturing company? This is just the spot for you to continue your career, in this role you will be part of a fast-paced dynamic team that covers everything from the receipt of incoming materials, routing of parts to their appropriate next procedural step, storing, cycle counting, kitting, transportation and delivery to their internal customer, and shipments to external suppliers and/or customers. You’ll be handling all types of raw and component materials necessary for the complex cutting-edge products manufactured and assembled at Ball Aerospace. This critical role is at the back end of the Integrated Supply Chain, receiving, prepping, and delivering materials for their use in manufacturing.
What You’ll Do:
- Receive, sort, store, transfer, and issue material for various departments.
- Conduct inventory control functions.
- Troubleshoot problem receipts, issues, and transfers.
- Plan and coordinate usage of storage space.
- Load and unload material from vehicles.
- Operate hand carts, pallet jacks, and forklifts.
- Consult and assist Programs/Departments on packaging requirements and scheduling for shipping arrangements (i.e., small parcel, freight, hazmat, and dangerous goods under DOT/IATA regulations).
- Perform various physical inventories from planning through reporting (i.e., plan, schedule, perform, reconcile, justify, and report).
- Resolve material discrepancies with department and/or program management.
- Maintain required logs, records, and files per Ball Aerospace policies.
- Investigate discrepancies of material shortages and overages.
- Communicate with various company and program management on matters related to material.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and good motor vehicle record.
- Operate company owned vehicles as required.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 8 years or more related experience or a related 2-year technical degree and 6 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Experience working in a high-volume inventory, shipping, and/or receiving environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Experience working in the Aerospace & Defense industry preferred.
- Experience working with a computerized Material Requirements Planning (MRP) Inventory Control system preferred.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office or warehouse environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $22.12 - $29.33 per hour (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.