Material Specialist I at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Material Specialist I
Perform Material Handling activities in support of company operations.
What You’ll Do:
- Receive, sort, control, and issue material to various departments.
- Plan and coordinate usage of storage space.
- Load and unload material from vehicles.
- Operate hand carts, pallet jacks, forklifts.
- Consult and assist Programs/Departments on packaging requirements and scheduling for shipping arrangements (i.e., small parcel, freight, hazmat and dangerous goods under DOT/IATA regulations).
- Perform various physical inventories from planning through reporting (i.e., plan, schedule, perform, reconcile, justify, and report).
- Resolve material discrepancies with department and/or program management.
- Maintain required logs, records, and files in accordance with Ball Aerospace policies.
- Investigate discrepancies of material shortages and overages.
- Communicate with various company and program management on matters related to material.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and good motor vehicle record.
- Operate company owned vehicles as required.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 2 years or more related experience or a related 2-year technical degree.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Work is performed in an office or warehouse environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $17.07 - $22.60 per hour (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.