Master Supply Planner at Ball Aerospace
Ball Corporation manufactures aluminum packaging for beverage, personal care and household products, and provides aerospace and other technologies for commercial and government customers. We have been in business for over 140 years and is leading the charge in creating solutions that keep our planet healthy. Ball Corp has been nationally recognized as a leading company in the creation of sustainable products (Fast Company World Changing Ideas award) as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity (Forbes Magazine.) Join our team of over 18,000 people worldwide in our quest to make the world a cleaner and healthier place. BE BIGGER THAN YOURSELF. BE UNSTOPPABLE. BE AN INSPIRATION. JOIN US IN MAKING THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE.
Primary Purpose of the Position:
The IBP Supply Planner is responsible for the generation of long-range and strategic supply plans for the monthly North America Beverage Division's IBP Process delivering forward looking evaluation, analyses, and recommended for courses of actions to address network PSI gaps. Serves as an integral hub aligning demand, capacity, and inventory plans with network operational/financial goals presenting findings to upper management and cross-functional teams through a series of monthly supply review meetings.
Essential Responsible Areas:
- Manages long-range supply planning objectives for beverage plants and products. Aids in development of strategies to achieve objectives in plant customer/product mix while taking network optimization, inventory levels, and cost impacts into consideration.
- Identifies over/under capacity gaps through the monthly IBP Process. Collaborates with upper management, engineering, operations, plants, IBP planners, commercial, quality, and finance on projected future supply imbalances and is instrumental in establishing resolution/alternate supply plan options.
- Manages and evaluates forward looking can/end line supply from 3 months up to 5 years and presents options to upper management concerning projected supply gaps based on agreed upon demand, capacity, sourcing, and inventory inputs.
- Provides analysis of available, excess, or needed capacity/demand based on current or proposed changes in customers, plants, lines, capacities, products, sizes, or footprint.
- Creates and maintains monthly consolidated and plant level PSI reports and analyses for the plan horizon based on the agreed upon long-term supply plan option for use in fundamental business activities by finance, sourcing, production planning, plants, logistics, quality, sales, and upper management.
- Partners with customer fulfillment supply planners to ensure optimal inputs including inventory levels, sourcing rules, and qualification timing for the long-term planning level. Assists in the evaluation of plan adherence as plans progress into the 0-3 month customer fulfillment timeframe.
- Focal point for IBP materials and processes related to supply planning. Participates in development and analyses of IBP long-term capacity and supply plan options presentation materials and presents these materials to upper management.
- Works directly with IT and system support partners identifying system gaps, troubleshooting streamlined solutions/ modifications, and creating reporting requirements to allow for an efficient and timely structure for strategic optimized planning scenarios.
- Works with management and cross functional partners to enhance business processes and identify opportunities for continual improvement
- Develops and initiates implementation of standardized operating controls for area of responsibility
- Identifies significant variances to plan and works with the appropriate teams to understand and solution root cause
- Measures, analyzes and reports key process metrics. Monitors adherence to key performance indicators (KPIs)
Position Requirement & Competencies:
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college level education or work-related experience
- Job related experience for 5 years minimum
- Working knowledge of the following areas: JD Edwards, Oracle Value Chain Planning, APICS Production and Inventory planning methodologies, Microsoft Office
Compensation & Benefits:
- Hiring Salary Range: $ 68,000 - 101,500 (Salary to be determined by the applicant's education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in "@ball.com." Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans