Marketplace Manager: Non-Degree Programs at Handshake
We are thrilled to announce Handshake’s $200M Series F funding round. At Handshake, we believe that a career opportunity shouldn’t be determined by who you know or what you’ve done. It’s about what you can - and will - do. Your future, not your past. Our Series F fundraise and new valuation of $3.5B will fuel our next phase of growth and propel our mission to help more people start, restart, and jumpstart their careers.
Handshake is the #1 place to launch a career with no connections, experience, or luck required. Handshake’s community includes 20 million students and young alumni around the world from 1,400 educational institutions, including four-year colleges, community colleges, boot camps, and 290+ minority-serving institutions. The platform connects up-and-coming talent with 650,000+ employers - from Fortune 500 companies like Google, Nike, and Target to thousands of public school districts, healthcare systems, nonprofits, and even sports teams like the LA Dodgers. Handshake is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Denver, New York, and London and teammates working globally.
Everyone is welcome at Handshake. We know diverse teams build better products and we are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We strongly encourage candidates from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups to apply.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge – we want you to apply. We believe skills are transferable and passion for our mission goes a long way.
Handshake is hiring a Marketplace Manager for Non-Degree Programs reporting to the Head of Skills Partnerships. In this role you will join a small and scrappy team within Handshake focused on expanding skills based recruitment across our network.
We believe that finding a great job should be based on skills, not pedigree. This is the team that is making that vision a reality across the Handshake network. If the idea of joining a fast-paced, innovative, and creative team focused on the hardest problems in early career recruiting is exciting to you, we encourage you to apply!Who You Are
You resonate with Handshake’s mission. You love to move quickly while maintaining a high quality bar. You thrive on finding creative solutions to problems. You’re not afraid to roll up your sleeves and grind through a project as long as you can see the impact your work has. You are always learning. You recognize that in a small scrappy team your role can quickly evolve beyond the confines of this job description and that excites you. You care about people and making an impact. You enjoy people and building new relationships. You’re curious and can quickly learn about new topics.Your Role
Your primary focus in this role will be connecting employers on the Handshake network with students enrolled in non-degree granting programs. In this role you will:
Use email campaigns and other outreach methods to surface and build relationships with employers that are open to hiring non-traditional students. You will use these findings to broker connections to our non-degree education partners.
Manually curate employer approvals and job postings for our non-traditional education partners to ensure their learners have a quality experience.
Organizing 20+ virtual career fairs for our non-degree partner programs. As a part of these fairs you will be responsible for the logistics as well as engaging students and employers.
Build internal relationships with Handshake’s employer facing go to market teams to raise awareness of the non-degree student talent on the Handshake network.
Build internal relationships with Handshake’s education team to adopt best practices of how to creatively and optimally use the Handshake platform.
Support Handshake’s product and engineering teams by surfacing customer feedback with regards to skills based recruitment.
This role will have exposure to many areas of the business including the opportunity to work directly with senior leaders at the company. The skills team operates as much as a “startup within a startup” as possible and this role will embody the startup mantra “do things that don’t scale” as we learn what works.Your Experience
We care more about the attributes listed in the “Who you are” section than we do some predetermined set of experiences. If you don’t have these experiences, but think you could be successful in the role, please apply and let us know why this role excites you in the application form.
Scaling Relationships: You have experience building relationships at scale. This might be through email marketing campaigns, managing an employer relations function, owning a sales pipeline, or any other number of experiences. We’re looking for someone who can leverage technology to create relationships at scale.
Bias for action. You are comfortable operating independently and making judgment calls in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
Flexible and creative problem solver. You are scrappy, curious and can take on multiple roles to make things happen. When one door closes you find the backdoor to accomplish your goals.
You embody Learn, Grow, Repeat: You’re eager to learn. You soak in information and feedback from peers, customers, and other team members and are relentless in your growth.
Data-driven. You are analytical and have experience making data-driven decisions to optimize growth and engagement
Bonus Areas of Expertise
Experience working with companies in a hiring context: You’ve had experience working in or with a corporate recruitment function.
Experience with our Tools: You have familiarity with tools to help you get the job done. These include: Iterbale, Adobe Suite, Handshake, Marketo, Google Suite, Slack, Looker, etc.
$116,000 (NYC, San Francisco, CA) or $99,000 (remote)
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- Hub-Based Remote Work: Handshakers can enjoy the flexibility of remote work whilst ensuring in-person collaboration, and team experiences remain possible.
- Financial Management with Origin: We provide you with a professional financial planner via Origin to gain a better understanding of making the most of your compensation, equity, benefits, and perks.
- Paid Parental Leave: All new parents at Handshake (both birth and non-birth giving) are encouraged to take time to focus on their growing family and are eligible for paid family leave. US Handshakers are provided up to 16 weeks of paid family leave for birth-giving parents and 10 weeks for non-birth-giving parents.
- Mental Health Assistance: We are here to support you in every step of your mental health journey; our benefits include Employee Assistance Programs that offer counseling support for those eligible.
- Home Office Stipend: Handshake offers $500/£360 for you to spend on setting up a productive and comfortable workspace at home.
- Learning: Learning & Development opportunities and an annual $2,000/£1,500 stipend for you to grow your skills and career.
- Team Bonding: Regularly scheduled virtual company-wide and team events! Once it’s safe, we’ll provide meaningful connection points throughout the year for Handshakers to build community and meet teammates in person.
- Great team: Working with fun, hardworking, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
- 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future. Launching Spring 2022, Handshake will offer a dollar-for-dollar match on 1% of deferred salary, up to a maximum of $1,200 per year.
- Healthcare: World-class medical, dental, and vision policies including LGTBQ+ Coverage.
- 2022 Time Off: All full-time US-based Handshakers are eligible for our flexible time off policy to get out and see the world. We also offer 8 standardized holidays, 2 additional days of flexible holiday time off, and 2 one-week periods of Collective Time Off (7/4-7/8/2022) and (12/26-12/30/2022).
- Pension: Handshake matches 3% of your salary towards your pension scheme.
- Healthcare: Handshake's comprehensive healthcare policy covers 100% of employee premiums & 100% of dependent premiums for medical, dental, and vision benefits.
- 2022 Time Off: Up to 25 days of vacation to encourage people to reset, recharge, and refresh, in addition to 8 bank holidays throughout the year.