Managing Director (USA) at SumUp
Managing Director (USA)
As Managing Director for our US operations, you’ll oversee our continued growth into the US. We’re looking for someone who will continuously raise the bar across marketing, operations, corporate functions, business development and engineering – whilst aligning with global priorities.
This is an incredible opportunity to lead our current team of 20+ people – you’ll put structures in place that allow us to quickly expand, whilst building and communicating your vision for the future of the US. You’ll also have the opportunity to travel and work with various parts of our business, both in Europe and Latin America (when it’s safe to travel, of course).
What you’ll do
- Ensure the long term scalability of the US Market and lead it to become our largest market within 3 years
- Scale a healthy and operationally independent US organisation
- Hire the necessary talent and build the structures for a localised people team
- Build out BI and engineering teams and build upon existing team structures in operations and marketing
- Lead the US to a financially presentable organisation that sails easily through any audit
- Earn the trust of the CEO and global leadership team
- Become a pacesetter and bar raiser for all team members – you’ll support them in forming and modifying team rhythms
- Understand our product inside and out and deep dive when necessary into the complexities
- Scale sales against agreed metrics
- Coach and guide the US leadership team
- Deep dive with managers into their challenges and support them in problem-solving
- Set OKRs and hold the team accountable
- Align critical initiatives in global forums such as acquisitions, integrations
You’ll be great for this role if
- You’ve earned a degree from a top university – MBA strongly preferred.
- You have a consulting background followed by corporate or scale-up experience.
- You have management experience in an international, globally distributed context.
- You possess excellent prioritisation skills in a fast-paced environment
- You have strong data literacy and analytical skills.
- You’re a natural collaborator with excellent communication skills, both written and spoken.
- You’re an empathic bridge-builder with an ability to understand and be able to translate between different perspectives.
- You’re reliable, with sound judgment and a sense for picking the right battles at the right time.
- You have a general understanding of the basics of the payments industry (this is not essential, but would be beneficial).
We believe in the everyday hero.
Small business owners are at the heart of all we do, so we're creating tools that help them run their businesses. With a founder’s mentality and a 'team-first’ attitude, our diverse teams across Europe, South America and the United States work together to ensure that the small business owners we partner with can be successful doing what they love.
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, colour, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
SumUp will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate.