Manager, Workplace & Events at Nylas
| Greater Denver Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:41 a.m. (MST) on Saturday, August 14, 2021
Nylas is a pioneer and leading provider of universal communications APIs that allow developers to quickly connect their applications to every email, calendar, or contacts provider in the world. Over 40,000 developers around the globe use the Nylas communications platform to process over 1.2 billion API requests and 15TB of data per day from providers such as Gmail, Microsoft Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo! and more.
Who We Are
Nylas was founded in 2013 and has raised over $175M to date from Tiger Global, 8VC, Spark Capital, Slack, and more; as well as individual investors including Patrick Collison, Co-Founder and CEO of Stripe, John Collison, President and Co-Founder of Stripe, Sebastian Siemiatkowski, CEO of Klarna, and Tony Fadell. Developers around the world use Nylas to quickly and securely build email, scheduling, and work automation features into their applications. Nylas customers include Upwork, Wix, Freshworks, Lever, Dialpad, Ceridian, and Move.com.
Nylas is a BIG advocate for the well-being of its employees, which is why we have embraced a People First philosophy. It’s about giving more autonomy and flexibility to our employees. It’s not about when, where or how the work is accomplished; it’s about adopting a mindset of velocity and trust when tackling the work. It’s about respecting individual working styles, disabilities, and personal schedules, but also ensuring everyone has a better work-life balance. The outcomes will always be more important than the physical location.
Nylanauts have the ability to decide the best workspace or environment that will result in more ideas, engagement, creativity, focus, collaboration, and productivity. Why? Because we want our employees to be great; because we are focussed on being a high-performing team. To achieve this mission, we remove barriers and offer more autonomy. So, Nylanauts are encouraged to find those environments that inspire them to be great. This means Nylanauts can work from the slopes of Montana or from the beaches of Italy.
And if Nylanauts want to work from an office in one of our hubs (San Francisco, Denver, New York City, Toronto, and London), they can! The workspace is there to be utilized.
So, if you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a beloved, daily-use product, and an authentic mission that puts people first, we want to meet you. Want to know more? Check us out on Comparably and Great Place to Work!
Fastest Growing Companies (Inc 500)
2020 Great Place to Work (Great Place to Work)
2020 Best Places for Professional Development (Comparably)
2020 Happiest Employees (Comparably)
2020 Best Companies for Compensation (Comparably)
2020 Best Companies for Perks & Benefits (Comparably)
2020 Best Companies for Work-Life Balance (Comparably)
Nylas is searching for a Manager, Workplace & Events to assist with our rapid growth across the globe. This is a remarkable opportunity to build on an already strong People foundation in a culture that truly understands the strategic value of people. Reporting to the Head of People, this role will work closely with all aspects of the organization. You will have responsibility for site budgets, vendor management, maintenance and operations, contract services and negotiations, and the purchasing of materials, supplies and equipment. In this role you will hire and manage a cohesive operations team capable of supporting the company’s expansion plans and business objectives. You have the ability to quickly understand the evolving culture, anticipate change and translate this into revised Workplace Experience offerings. You are an influencer through your first-class communication skills - both in writing and confident speaking. You recognize the value of both the physical and distributed workplaces and their impact on employee engagement and productivity. You exude gumption; love ambiguity; challenge the status quo; and see yourself as a builder.
What You'll Do
- Oversight of the day-to-day operations of our San Francisco HQ and related workplace programs
- Serve as the first point of contact for facilities issues and ensure prompt, best-in-class service is maintained whether issues are resolved in-house or by one of our vendors
- Manage and own all aspects of operations of the SF HQ office and beyond, supporting remote global locations.
- First point of contact for building repairs including HVAC; engage with vendors, property management & building engineers as needed
- Management of the real estate portfolio to include space plan, occupancy and vacancy reporting, seating assignments, and projections for growth requirements
- Liaison for landlords and property managers regarding building and workplace issues
- Handle office repairs and installations (i.e. appliances, whiteboards, furniture, etc.)
- Help maintain a safe, clean, organized and welcoming environment
- Assist with tasks and projects as needed, including company and team events setup / coordination (bi-weekly happy hours, holiday party, etc.)
- Curate and adhere to annual operating budget
- Oversee shipping and receiving functions of USPS, FedEx, UPS, etc. including personal employee mail
- Work closely and form relationships with local teams to understand and accommodate ongoing needs of space as we scale
- Support the COVID office reopening process, adhering to all local conditions, and the ongoing application of COVID measures
- Learn and understand about our flexible workplace services to support and foster high-growth productive environments that benefit all employees
- Maintain an active awareness and understanding of workplace experience trends and innovations that will be key to keeping our employee experience - virtual and in-office - fresh and relevant
What You'll Bring
- 8+ years progressive experience owning and creating people experiences in a workplace, ideally in a high-growth environment
- 2+ years of mentoring and coaching others while scaling a team
- Ability to build effective work relationships at all levels, influence behavior, and lead change
- Excellent written / verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong problem solving, planning, analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Effective interpersonal and leadership capabilities
- Flexibility to adapt to changing business situations, comfortable working in high growth, fast-paced environment
- Effective listener and communicator, able to influence actions and outcomes
- An ability to roll with the punches is definitely a plus, and sometimes a sense of humor is key
- Ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders and build relationships at all levels of the organization
- Poise and calm amidst last-minute changes
- Capable of thinking creatively and critically, and thrive in a fast-paced and often ambiguous work environment
- Motivated for feedback, and want to grow and develop in your career
- Willing to take ownership across wide-ranging responsibilities
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills while exercising sound judgement
- Curiosity and passion to learn a lot! Always pushing things forward and simplifying our processes and procedures
Perks & Benefits
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO): we take this very seriously as we care about the well-being of our employees
- Healthcare: 90% of medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family
- Retirement Plan: 401k & RRSP with a company match (super rare for a startup)
- Holidays: 14 paid annual holidays (New Year’s Day, Family Day, President’s Day, Good Friday, Indigenous People's Day, etc)
- Education Stipend: annual education & development benefit
- Paid Parental Leave: 12 weeks parental leave (maternity & paternity)
- Voting/Election PTO: 4 hours of paid time off to vote in person or volunteer at a polling place
Nylas is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Nylas is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Nylas is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also EEO is the Law.
Salary Range: $105,000 - $150,000 (+ equity)
Read Full Job Description