Manager of Telecommunications
The HomeAdvisor Technology team is looking for a Manager, Telecommunications. In this role, you will be a key owner in determining the strategic direction of HomeAdvisor’s voice operations and will be responsible for creating clearly defined roadmaps that deliver business value aligned with enterprise-level direction and strategy. Additionally, your responsibilities will include overall supervision and management of staff responsible for support of the enterprise voice system.
HomeAdvisor joined forces with Angie’s List in September 2017 to create the largest home services marketplace in the nation. We connect millions of homeowners across the globe with home service professionals through our innovative and user-friendly products. We operate 8 locations in 6 cities, handle millions of monthly service requests from homeowners, and work with nearly 200,000 service professionals in our network. A robust, stable telecommunications platform is vital to the success of our business.
- Oversees voice infrastructure, including internal and 3rd-party SaaS infrastructure, with an emphasis on availability, reliability and performance
- Ensures stable infrastructure environment enterprise-wide, monitors and analyzes problems that occur
- Extensive experience in the coordination, evaluation, oversight and management of telecommunications contracts
- Oversees projects within the Technology Infrastructure department, monitoring progress, and meeting timelines
- Ensure telecommunications disaster recovery and security processes are compliant with audit requirements
- Establishes and maintains regular written and in-person communications with the executives, management and key stakeholders on projects regarding pertinent voice activities
- Measures and reports on ongoing performance of infrastructure and on project activities
- Works with network architecture and technical support teams to plan and resource upgrade and installation activities.
- Heavy focus on monitoring and reporting of capacity and quality
- Manages troubleshooting process to resolve complex voice related issues while collaborating with all available internal and external resources for prompt resolution
- Provides senior-level management with recommendations on advanced telephone network architecture, technologies and protocols
- On-call availability 7/24 as part of a rotation schedule
Experience/Skills we seek:
- 8+ years related technical experience, with in-depth knowledge of voice telecommunications and telephone systems including networking principles, session boarder controllers and voice communications over data networks (VoIP)
- 3+ years of management experience, with demonstrated leadership and mentoring abilities
- Solid knowledge of circuit switching architectures and technology (e.g. signaling, dial plans, trunking, etc.)
- Experience within Avaya suite including but not limited to Communication Manager, Session Boarder Controller, Aura and Breeze
- Experience with Asterisk, Genesis/I3 and NICE call recording is a plus
- Experience with Network Protocols (TCP/IP, Ethernet, SNMP, etc.)
- Ability to effectively communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straightforward, and professional manner
- Strong ability to analyze and interpret data, prepare budgets, negotiate contracts and evaluate scopes of work
- Advanced experience architecting and managing on premise and cloud-hosted voice environments
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
HomeAdvisor is one of the biggest internet success stories in Colorado. We’ve grown up from our startup days, but we’re nimble to stay ahead in the fast-changing internet ecosystem, and here are a lot of exciting opportunities to grow with us. Our Golden, CO, headquarters has been named a Denver Post Top Workplace for six years running and we’re known for a casual, flexible, productivity-focused environment. If this role sounds like your next career move, we want to chat. Send us a resume to get the conversation started.
If you're interested in a career with us, we'd love to talk. If you have questions about any of our roles, talk with one of our Recruiters by signing up for our next chat: http://www.abouthomeadvisor.com/talk-to-us/