Manager, Specialty Loan Operations at OnDeck
What excites us at OnDeck? Technology. Innovation. Small businesses. We believe in our employees and power their growth through being challenged every day and offering careers that inspire. We’re all about teamwork, passion and making an impact. Oh and having fun – Whether it’s a game of Ping-Pong, team get-togethers or weekly happy hours in the office.
OnDeck (ONDK) uses data aggregation and electronic payment technology to evaluate the financial health of small and medium sized businesses to efficiently deliver capital to a market underserved by banks. Through the OnDeck platform, millions of small businesses can obtain affordable loans. We are changing the way small businesses borrow money by combining our passion for Main Street with cutting-edge technology. We evaluate businesses based on their actual performance, not personal credit, and that’s enabled us to say “yes” more often and faster than traditional lenders.
The Manager of Specialty Loan Operations will be responsible for collaborating with strategic business partners and managing the operations of such partnerships. Effectively develop, train and manage an operations team and deliver on overall performance objectives. Administers corporate policies and procedures and ensures compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Participates in the review and recommendation of operational systems and procedures from an operations perspective.
This role requires a high impact player who exhibits forward thinking, promotes team building, demonstrates initiative, creates unified vision and develops others. Is able to digest complex issues and develop creative solutions. Properly balances client and risk issues and is persuasive in change management. Is respected by peers and considered an expert in the area. Develops and maintains superior client relationships. Capable of contributing in a role with greater complexity, scope, impact and scale.
As Manager of Specialty Loan Operations at OnDeck, you will:
- Management: Build and Lead the Specialty Loan Operations team effectively to meet all timeliness and quality standards. Manage staffing in all HR related activities such as; talent planning, recruiting, performance management, coaching, training, mentoring and score cards.
- Training: Oversee departmental training to comply with new regulations, loan system changes and product delivery requirements.
- Problem Solving: Coordinate the interface between partners, staff, customers and other departments to resolve problems and address exceptions.
- Measurement: Coordinate the tracking of all departmental metrics. Ensure timeliness and quality control metrics are monitored and take corrective action as needed.
- Partnerships: Build effective strategic partnerships.
- Monitor productivity and efficiency of department; make adjustments to processes and procedures to meet business plan
- Create an environment of continuous improvement of process and staff engagement to meet corporate objectives and initiatives. Proactively implement process improvements to ensure service quality, service level agreements and Operational Excellence. Implement metrics for tracking of operational efficiency improvement.
- Update workflows, documents and reporting related to process, regulatory and compliance changes.
- Prepare performance scorecards related to process effectiveness.
- Primary point of contact for all issues/topics related to specialty operations.
- Create and maintain a collaborative work environment that facilitates the achievement of business plan objectives.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications for success:
- Bachelor Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or Economics.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Loan Operations.
- 5+ years of management experience.
- Strong loan servicing system knowledge with emphasis in data quality.
- Strong analytical and process improvement capabilities with accomplishment of efficiency gains.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Ability to effectively interact with all levels of the organization including senior management.
- Excellent decision-making, problem solving and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to build effective relationships internally and externally.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to influence and lead a diverse group of people.
- Experience in training and motivating other people. Such experience would include observing, coaching, sharing of knowledge, mentoring, delegation and apprenticing.
What we offer you:
- Have a meaningful impact on the company's future, and share in the rewards accordingly
- Work in a fun, fast-paced start up environment with some really cool and brilliant people
- Be on a motivated team that gets a lot done
- An open minded, collaborative culture of enthusiastic technologists.
- Medical/dental/vision insurance, 401k matching program, flex spending plan and life insurance.
- Smart colleagues who you can learn from.
- Paid/flexible vacations and holidays.
- If you’re sick just stay home and feel better.
- Quarterly outings with the entire office!
- Happy hour every Wednesday.
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks.