Manager, SONET Service Delivery
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
The Manager, SONET Service Delivery is responsible for managing a team of Service Delivery Coordinators (SDC) under the SONET Product Group. The SDC role is to project manage the installation and disconnects of SONET services for Zayo.
- Performing day-to-day managerial functions
- Maintaining a fully staffed and trained team
- First level escalation for customers
- Managing staff to efficiently implement customer services on time
- Updating internal systems to forecast order completion dates
- Report weekly on NETEX and Churn
- Defining and refining the Service Delivery process by working across multiple internal functional groups including Sales, Outside Plant (OSP), Inside Plant (ISP), Design, Field Operations and NOC.
- Development of in-depth Service Delivery reporting showing delivery intervals against customer expectations
- Focus on meeting and/or exceeding the net install forecast for the SONET group
- Knowledge of basic telecommunication services and project management skills are a must. Telecommunication services include: SONET based services, Ethernet, Wavelengths, and other voice and data services.
- excellent communication skills (phone and email)
- the ability to manage through obstacles with the goal of timely installation of services to exceed both customer expectations and internal revenue objectives
- Strong skills using Microsoft office produce: Excel, Outlook, Word
- Effective time management skills
- Ability/willingness to operate in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Analytical/critical thinking ability
This leadership position is expected to work with short deadlines; time management and stress management skills are essential. The applicant must also be comfortable working beyond normal hours of operation.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Zayo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Zayo does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.