Manager, Solar Real Estate Business Lead
Prologis is the global leader in logistics real estate. We own, manage and develop high-quality properties in the world’s most vibrant centers of commerce, approximately 771 million square feet in 19 countries. Some of the world’s largest brands (e.g., Amazon, BMW, DHL, FedEx, Pepsi) turn to us because they know an efficient supply chain will make their businesses run better, and a strategic relationship with Prologis will create competitive advantage. As the top ranked U.S. company and sixth overall among the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World, we take our global footprint seriously.
Manager, Solar Real Estate Business Lead
Do you want to play a role in Global Commerce?
Prologis is seeking an experienced real estate professional, in its Denver, CO office, to own and drive solar results and portfolio value-add by leveraging real estate finance, leasing and transaction expertise. This is not a solar role, but is a real estate role focused on delivering value from successfully integrating solar opportunities into our real estate business. This person will report to the Senior Vice President, Global Energy and will be responsible to drive volume and deliver results within our solar vertical under the global energy business within the Procurement, Ancillary Revenues and Services (PARS) department. Prologis has opportunistically integrated solar into its real estate portfolio for 10+ years and today has over 200 MW of operating solar plants within the portfolio. We will significantly scale this program and the value it generates in 2019 and beyond under PARS, innovating and creating new real estate products and services, and is foundational to that process and success.
Here's how to do that:
- Be the driving force and solar program owner in assigned geographies. Initial focus will be in the US (our largest market), but ultimate responsibility may extend to more of Prologis’ global markets.
- Full accountability for profitably integrating solar into our real estate business through opportunistic rooftop and power monetization transactions
- Responsible for solar KPIs, at a minimum including: (1) megawatts completed; (2) recurring revenue generated; (3) development fee received; and (4) returns on invested capital.
- Maintain an adaptable, can-do attitude (PARS is effectively a start-up) and drive efficiency in speed
- Quickly learn the solar universe (we will teach you) to enable strategic overlay of that market and related mechanisms with our mandate and real estate business to drive value and quality project outcomes
- Be a core contributor to all aspects of the design and creation of Prologis solar-related real estate products and services
- Support and own aspects of the outsourcing model for the solar program – selection and management of external partners to strategically drive volume and value while minimizing cost and risk
- Champion excellent customer dialogue and interaction, driving wins and demonstrating keen leadership particularly where external partners are representing Prologis products and services within the program
- Navigate the Prologis organization as needed to deliver results, including outreach, communications, building credibility and relationships, education and evangelize of programs, and change management
- Always operate with the perspective that the solar program is a source of ancillary revenue, delivering incremental benefits that are presumed to come with minimal disruption and risk to the core business
- Stay aligned with broader energy program and real estate business priorities; pursue opportunities to integrate accretive metering, battery storage, electric vehicle charging and other technologies into projects
- Prepare and present project memos and updates to Investment Committee
- Tracking, reporting and messaging for internal, external and fund purposes relative to solar, as required
- Adhere to established norms for financial, legal, technical, and operational discipline in solar transactions
- Detailed work (as needed) will include, but not be limited to: financial modeling; portfolio analysis; information gathering; due diligence; legal document preparation; research; proposals; presentations, procurement; project reviews; negotiations; and contract and payment administration and approval
Tell us in you're ready.
- 4-year degree from an accredited institution, ideally with an MBA/Master’s degree
- Strong real estate business acumen and instinct – commercial, organizational and transactional
- 5+ years of industrial real estate development, capital deployment, leasing and/or operations experience required
- Experience in solar, renewable energy, electrical systems and energy markets helpful but not required
- Excitement for finding/implementing new technology solutions and interest in construction/development
- Willingness to travel as business needs dictate, potentially up to 50% of the time
- Comfort with deadlines, competing priorities, and ambiguity in outcomes and organizational lines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills across audience profiles, with strong attention to detail
- Highly aware of financial analysis and concepts, including DCF, IRR, and NPV
Microsoft Word, Excel (advanced), Outlook, and PowerPoint; Salesforce, Yardi and PeopleSoft a plus
Each of us working at Prologis plays an essential role in the enduring success of our company. We value people who are decisive, courageous and adaptable. While we are one company, locations and departments operate with autonomy and accountability. Individuals take the initiative here.
When you join Prologis, you work shoulder to shoulder with some of the top talent in the industry to do the best work of your career. Every employee belongs. Every employee contributes. Employees advance their careers here.
As a successful global enterprise, Prologis has never lost sight of what matters most, our strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. And because of that, we provide a generous total rewards package and take a lot of time to focus on quality management and leadership development. People come first here.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of drug screen and background verification. Prologis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religions, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.