Manager - Program Supply Chain Lead at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Manager – Program Supply Chain Lead
The Program Supply Chain Management I (PSCM) (aka: Material Program Manager, Program SC Manager) is a strong leader with demonstrated project management skills coupled with a breadth of Supply Chain experience. The Program Supply Chain Manager I will be responsible for developing and executing supply chain strategies and plans in support of proposals and/or awarded programs. The PSCM will serve as the liaison between the Program Manager, functional support organizations (i.e. engineering, finance, contracts) and the Supply Chain organization, will enable communications across all these parties and will advise the SC and Program leadership on status of material strategies and plans throughout the capture, proposal and program lifecycle. The PSCM will serve as the single point of contact to SC and Program management, overseeing all SC activities needed to meet program requirements, and ensuring a strong link within and between the various Supply Chain functions required to execute a successful program. This role is new to Ball Aerospace and represents an exciting opportunity to effect firsthand the advancement of the supply chain from a tactical to strategic partner on a portfolio of critical new business efforts. This position will be a key part of the Supply Chain Business Unit Support Team, led by the Supply Chain Business Area Manager / Director.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and lead supply chain proposal activities including task descriptions, basis of estimates, coordination of subcontractor SOWs / RFPs and facilitation of material pricing for one or more low-moderate complexity programs, pursuits or capital expenditure projects.
- Must be able to effectively partner with engineering to develop accurate and executable Bill of Materials (BOM’s) from the technical baseline within a few days of proposal kick off, control changes in the BOM during the proposal process and promptly flow any changes to material pricing and develop a strategy to get representative costs.
- Supervise and/or act as team lead over one or more Material Control Analysts that act as the tactical material management leads.
- Develop and execute material program plans (together with purchasing managers), and subcontract management plans (together with subcontract managers and/or subcontract program managers).
- Develop and maintain risk & opportunity plans to meet program objectives.
- Balance strategic thinking with tactical application of strategies to programs.
- Work closely with Engineering, Quality and Operations to create common schedule based on Material Requirements Planning (MRP).
- Work with SC and program / proposal management to determine staffing requirements and align staff as required to support programs, new business activities, or other operations.
- Monitor performance metrics and proactively act to address program and functional issues.
- Ensure all SCM actions are performed within regulations and approved procurement system is maintained.
- Ensure that Supply Chain input to proposals, programs, and other operations are compliant with regulatory requirements and conducted in accordance with Ball Aerospace best practices.
- Partner with program office, finance and contracts to develop and maintain material forecast, provide material status input to program EACs, and perform Earned Value Management reporting, as required.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in related field plus 10 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Experience working in the DoD and/or NASA-related Aerospace & Defense industry and demonstrated knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)
- Demonstrated work experience with Supply Chain processes and related systems.
- A working knowledge of standard tools, KPIs and processes required to support and measure the productivity, value-add and overall performance of the Supply Chain organization in support of a program.
- Program and/or functional experience managing material (Buyer, Planner, Material manager, Supplier Quality, etc.).
- Ability to convert business area and customer requirements into executable strategies.
- Ability to collaborate with Engineering, Subcontract Management and mission assurance to develop clear supplier statements of work (SOW).
- Demonstrated ability to lead through influence; Ability to effect positive results in a highly matrixed environment.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and MS Project) to generate reports, executive level briefings and generally support job performance.
- Excellent interpersonal and organization skills.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written).
- Ability to Travel 10-25% of the time (domestically).
- Demonstrated technical aptitude; Technical experience and/or degree preferred.
- Recognized, formal industry certification in one or more of the following: Program Management, Contract Management and/or Supply Chain Management preferred.
- Continuous improvement, black belt or other similar training / certification preferred.
- Demonstrated track record of success driving win-win supplier negotiations preferred.
- Working knowledge and ability to use Microsoft Project preferred.
- Technical knowledge of Space or Tactical related hardware as well as knowledge of operational and manufacturing processes (assembly, integration, and test) preferred.
- Working knowledge of US Government acquisition laws and regulations preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of DoD / NASA required business systems, process controls, and procedures preferred.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $105,500 - $145,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.