LogRhythm is a world leader in NextGen Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), empowering organizations to successfully reduce risk by rapidly detecting, responding to and neutralizing damaging cyber threats. Our platform combines user and entity behavior analytics (UEBA), network traffic and behavior analytics (NTBA) and security automation & orchestration (SAO) in a single end-to-end solution. Among other accolades, LogRhythm is positioned as a Leader in Gartner’s SIEM Magic Quadrant. We are based in Boulder, CO with offices in Maidenhead UK, Dubai, Singapore, and Australia.
For more information about our amazing company, click: https://logrhythm.com/about/.
We're seeking a Professional Services Manager to help us transform our Professional Services team and meet the challenges of our vision to develop a team. We want our team to be more than just deployment engineers who come in and stand up the product and enable the customer, but instead establish our Professional Service consultants as Trusted Advisors to our customers. We seek to build authentic relationships resulting in our customers deepening their investment in LogRhythm. You'll have a significant role in leading the way as we build on our product deployment excellence and develop our consultancy skills and be a catalyst for enabling our Professional Services teams growth and performance.
Location: Boulder Colorado HQ / Remote
20% - Utilization Management
- You have ultimate responsibility for maximizing the productive utilization rate (UR) of your team, ideally developing your team’s ability to do the bulk of this on their own with your support and oversight.
- You are responsible for educating your team on the metrics they are measured by, and why they're important to the greater business.
- You will leverage a variety of mechanisms to enable productive utilization rate maximization and are well versed in their impact.
- You understand and manage requirements to project completion and customer satisfaction.
- You maintain insight into free time requested, are aware of the rationale behind these, and are the sole approver of those requests.
- You work with Project Management to ensure readiness of customer and resource allocation.
15% - Services Delivery Performance and Quality Oversight
- You maintain focus on the quality of what is being delivered by the individuals on your team, monitor quantity and types of support tickets opened by customers following Professional Services engagements, and provide continual feedback to the team and individuals.
- You maintain insight into the active projects your team is working to ensure they are progressing according to planned schedule and milestones, identifying, and helping to overcome roadblocks and headwinds.
- You review Statements of Work (SOW) for compliance with our requirements for documentation, specifying what we're selling the customer has been outlined and the estimated effort behind that has been well developed and articulated, and intervene when these do not meet standards.
- You actively manage customer escalations regarding professional services delivery and seek rapid resolution.
- You develop new and more effective measures of quality to assess how well our consultants are performing.
- You participate and present in quarterly director level project and quality reviews.
15% - Relationship Development
- You continuously build relationships with the extended teams and especially the sales managers in our various regions to understand their market dynamics, discount rates that are being applied to our services, and having conversations regarding discounting as necessary.
25% - Team Development
- You're passionate about and excel in developing highly skilled consultants who are focused on the quality of the customer relationship and delivering the best product and service possible to the customer.
- You are responsible for maintaining the skills matrix of your team. Reviewing your individual’s development on a regular quarterly basis.
- You develop individual training plans and growth plans to continuously build the capacity of your team.
- You have a solid understanding what it means to be a consultant and continue to improve your teams consulting skills
- You solicit and receive regular feedback from stakeholders regarding the performance of individuals on your team.
- You have a strong understanding of all service offerings and how Professional Services can support them.
- You prepare your team for new product roll outs.
10% - Strategic Planning and Analysis
- You are responsible for strategic account reviews from the Professional Services perspective.
- You continuously evaluate the types of engagements we're having, and the work we're doing within those, to identify environmental and performance patterns, knowledge gaps, and how we address those.
- You drive Professional Services visibility into prospect meetings.
15% - Development Projects
- You take on both planned and ad-hoc projects with project management discipline, some projects can be large and span multiple quarters.
- Achieving our vision will require your involvement and leadership in multiple projects. Many you'll envision and initiate.
Minimum Qualifications (Must Haves)
- Three years managerial experience leading customer facing teams, effective delegation, engaging directly with customers, driving issue resolution, creating, and refining process.
- Presenting to peers, managers, and extended internal teams. You're comfortable and confident on-stage (real or virtual), are well-spoken, and communicate clearly and in plain language.
- Three years delivering a technical product and service.
- General knowledge of Linux, cloud operations, virtual environments, and networking.
Highly Desired Qualifications (Key Discriminators)
- Security/Cybersecurity domain experience and/or expertise, with SIEM being the ideal.
- Time in the professional services trenches as both individual contributor and leader.
- Experience working with larger enterprise customers with complex environments.
- SAAS product experience.
- Network +, Security+, and/or CISSP certifications.
- Threat hunting or script writing skills, and the ability to have technical conversations on these topics with the team.
- Global experience and cultural sensitivity. You've worked in a variety of global settings and understand regional/cultural dynamics.
- Presenting to Executive and/or C-Suite level.
- Basic project management experience.
- Experience in the pre-sales process.
- You like to have fun and make it fun for others. At the end of the day, we all should enjoy what we do and doing it together.
- You're a life-long learner with a growth mindset. You invest in your own development and value this in others as well.
- You're flexible. You realize this is an important key to success and don’t value process over outcomes.
- You have high change agility and adaptability. You know that things are constantly changing and evolving, and you tend to embrace those opportunities way more than you resist them.
- You seek continual improvement. You pay attention to yours and others frustrations and are motivated to improve processes and experiences for all involved.
- You're comfortable with ambiguity. You know you can't know or control everything and that's okay. You do the best with what you have.
- You are a great listener. People tell you so. You're one of those people who can bring a conversation back on track because you recall what was being talked about before it derailed. You are sensitive to thoughts and feelings not being communicated and take them into consideration.
- You're resilient. You know your limits, pay attention to how full your gas tank is, and know how to refill it.
- You can prioritize. You know not everything is equally critical and make smart choices about where to focus your limited time and attention.
- You're an effective delegator. You know you can't do it all yourself and are able to trust in others ability to deliver.
- You can have difficult conversations with positive outcomes. You don’t shy away from these, instead you lean into them.
- You have a keen attention to details and the ability to review technical information quickly.
- COVER LETTER REQUIRED: If you've made it this far you must still be interested and can see yourself in the role. Tell us about it. We want to hear your story. What has your professional journey been, up until now? Why are you interested in this role? How are you qualified, how does it fit into your career goals, and what specifically do you bring to the table?
Salary and Other Compensation
- The annual starting salary for this position is between $115,000-$130,000 depending on experience and other qualifications of the successful candidate.
LogRhythm offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements:
- 401k plan
- Flexible time off
- HSA (Health Savings Account)
- FSA (Flexible Spending Account)
- Employee assistance program
- Paid Day Off for Birthday
Bring your Whole Self to Work!
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are at the core of who we are. At LogRhythm, we know that diverse perspectives spark innovation, improve creativity, and position our team for success. Creating a culture where all are welcomed, valued, and empowered to achieve their full potential is important to who we are today and in the future. We hire the best of the best and do not discriminate based on race, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, identity, or other personal factors.
- Created/Revised Date: September 1, 2021
- Reporting to: Senior Director, Global Professional Services
- Location: Boulder, Colorado or Remote
- Employment Status: Full Time
- FLSA/Applicable State Law Status: Exempt
Disclaimer: The salary, other compensation, and benefits information is accurate as of the date of this posting. The company reserves the right to modify this information at any time, subject to applicable law.