Manager, Overnight Customer Support at Evolve
Evolve is a hospitality company with a mission to make renting a vacation home easy for everyone. Thanks to an unapologetic passion for hospitality, we now support over 15,000 properties in over 750 markets across North America. We enjoy earning each guest and owner's business - all while having some fun along the way.
*This position is eligible to work remotely anywhere in the state of Colorado or in our beautiful Denver office when we return in September.*
Why this role
As a Manager for the Overnight Customer Experience Team you will serve as a manager and leader of the Team. This role is pivotal in Evolve’s 24/7/365 customer support as an expert on all processes and procedures for the day-to-day of the Team, as well as a coach and mentor for the Team. As the go-to for all support, questions, and escalated cases from the Team, this role provides a unique opportunity to lead a Team with autonomy, and an opportunity to challenge your own skills to develop yourself into a stronger leader. You will lead the Team through the nightly operations, keep the team aligned on objectives, perform a night audit to determine priorities, and complete administrative duties related to your Team. The perfect candidate reflects Evolve’s core values, leads by example, and serves their Team with professionalism. This role requires strong leadership skills, communication skills, and a high degree of emotional intelligence. Guidance from Senior Leadership will be provided, but you will be provided with the autonomy to make real-time decisions to serve your Team.
What you’ll do
- Oversee the operations of the Team to ensure goals and service-level agreements (SLAs) are met or exceeded
- Lead and support a Team of 10-15 direct reports with a servant leadership approach
- Coach and develop the conflict resolution, hospitality, and problem-solving skills of the Team
- Manage the performance of the Team using qualitative (hospitality) and quantitative (service) metrics
- Analyze data to inform decision making and identify potential opportunities
- Make and support decisions that impact Evolve’s vision of becoming the most trusted brand in hospitality
- Cross-functional collaboration and project management to develop new strategies and initiate best practices
- Keep the team aligned on company goals and department objectives
- Create consistency and efficiency by developing and implementing playbooks focused on how to operationalize hospitality
- Recognize when the Team needs help with a “roll-up your sleeves” mentality; taking initiative to reach out, listen, and support
- Lead by example, exemplying Evolve’s core values, utilizing a hospitality mindset, analytical thinking, and emotional intelligence
- Proactively monitor queues, cases, and emails to identify issues and prioritize in the most expedient fashion, and delegate appropriately
- Motivate and engage the Team by thinking outside the box, including Team and performance building activities during and outside of work hours, with the purpose of building and maintaining strong, collaborative relationships
- Administrative responsibilities related to direct reports, including: schedules, payroll, PTO requests, performance tracking, etc.
What makes you a great fit
- You have 1+ years of leadership experience with responsibility for leading people (recruiting, training, performance management, professional development) with an organization known for its excellent customer experience
- You have a growth mindset, thriving on challenges to develop yourself and the Team
- You have a servant leadership mindset with a passion for hospitality (elevating and supporting others)
- You are passionate about developing highly-engaged Teammates to become their best selves, contributing to individual, team, and company objectives
- You have a high level of resiliency, and thrive under pressure in ambiguous, complex, and quick-changing environments
- You have strength of judgment, temperance in your actions, goodwill towards others, and the courage to take on anything
- You are able to work with a diverse group of stakeholders, using your strong organizational and communication skills to achieve objectives and alignment
- You welcome with open arms the opportunity to be in the trenches with the Team when needed most
- Experience with Excel/Sheets, business analytics software, and Salesforce.com (CRM) strongly preferred
- Hospitality industry experience preferred, but not required
- This position supports our Teammates overnight (between the hours of 8pm and 8am) and requires flexibility including swing shifts (AM + PM), weekends, and holidays to support all of our stakeholders (please do not apply if this is not appealing to you)
Evolve has a flexible working environment so teammates can work remotely anywhere in the state of Colorado, in our beautiful downtown Denver office or a hybrid of both! We're currently all working remotely and will be opening up the office in September for our in office and hybrid options.
For this role, our annual salary range is $55,000 to $70,000.
Total Rewards at Evolve
At Evolve, we care for our teammates by supporting their physical, mental, and financial wellbeing through a comprehensive Total Rewards Program.
- Industry competitive pay, including equity in the company for all Evolvers
- Health insurance package options that include 100% employer paid HDHP plan and two PPO plan options for you and your dependents
- Employer-paid dental, and vision, for you and your qualified dependents
- Paid life insurance, short-term disability, and long-term disability coverage
- 401(k) with a 4% match that vests immediately
- PTO, sick days, and paid Parental Leave
- Rich learning and development program for Evolvers
But wait, there’s more… optional benefits offered include commuter benefits, pet insurance and travel perks.
Opportunity: Our leadership and management teams are dedicated to creating meaningful learning and growth opportunities for all Evolvers, as well as providing clear expectations and continuous feedback.
Community: It’s easy to make friends at Evolve. We support maintaining a strong community through our teammate-led groups focused on learning, inclusion, environmental wellness, and more.
Transparency: Every month, our leadership team shares how the company is performing, explaining where we’re headed next, and recognizing team members for jobs well done.
Values: They mean more to Evolve than just bullets on a page, they drive our daily decisions and impact how we work as a hospitality company.
- Earn It
- Build Loyalty One Interaction at a Time
- Communicate Often, Honestly & Directly
- Embrace Change
- Stay Hungry & Humble
- Be Efficient
- Take Risks
- Learn Every Day
- Have Some Fun Along the Way
Which value sounds the most like you?
Evolve is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that a diverse work environment is a successful work environment so all qualified candidates will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.