For other positions, some roles may be based outside of our Denver office (as stated in the Job Title). Roles based outside of our Denver office can sit in any of the following 26 states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
Guild is hiring a Manager, Operations Strategy to lead and mature process improvement methodologies to drive scale and improved experience for Guild’s growing Student Services team and Guild students. We are looking for someone with experience driving continuous improvement, leading responsibilities and carrying out process methodologies including, Lean principles (e.g. waste identification, root cause assessment), value chain definition, and process documentation / management. In this role, you will develop a team to help take on unique, complex problems across our growing Student Services team. This individual should be a strong leader, able to balance strategic priorities, drive an end to end approach to problem solving and enable business outcomes.
As a Manager, Operations Strategy you will:
- Mature and improve framework for process improvement intake, scoping and evaluation
- Think critically about how to evaluate, scope, prioritize and deliver process improvements
- Establish credibility and partnership with functional leadership and managers to find opportunities that eliminate waste and improve efficiency and effectiveness of internal processes
- Recommend solutions to leadership based on defined prioritization framework, decision criteria and rationale.
- Partner with the business, tooling and business systems teams to ensure business requirements are collected in an effective way
- Advocate for a business-process driven approach to solutioning for business outcomes and end-to-end impacts are understood and fully defined prior to solutioning.
- Partner with key enablement functions (training, knowledge, quality assurance) to ensure sound operational strategy is in place to drive adoption of prioritized and solutioned process improvements
- Scope and assess E2E operational impacts of proposed strategic changes using Lean practices across new/existing Partner launches
- Lead 2-4 analysts, provide oversight, priority definition / rationalization, ensure quality of work product, address issues, and orchestrate partner management
- Develop templates to facilitate documentation of process standard methodologies and drive consistency and clarity of information
- Partner with Senior Manager, Ops Strategy to define and implement business process governance approach and process (including tooling capability recommendations and discussions with business systems / tooling partners)
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- Passion for higher education, driving student outcomes, and our mission
- 4+ years of experience in Process Improvement and/or Business Operations Management
- Ability to partner with senior leadership to drive decision-making
- Strong critical thinking skills and data-driven decision making
- Ability to balance and rationalize strategy and tactical priorities
- Ability to handle a wide variety of projects to improve team processes and outputs
- Ability to lead a small team, share mentorship and guidance, clear expectations and direction in a frequently changing, multifaceted environment
- Ability to nurture relationships, construct eloquent and effective communications and drive successful cross functional teamwork
- Ability to succeed in an ambiguous environment and manage up and across to drive transparency
- Bias to action - You aim to project completion and are motivated by getting stuff done
- Strategic visualization skills, ability to frame sophisticated problems in easy to understand way and adapt based on audience
- Ability to facilitate workshops with wide set of subject matter experts to drive productive dialogue, navigate differing views and reach desired outcomes
- Experience with people management
- Experience building a capability or function
- Experience in a startup or similar fast-paced environment where there is frequent change and a need to demonstrate and act with a sense of urgency
- Experience with technology projects implementing Salesforce, CRM systems, and other business tools
We feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $95,000-$113,750 and variable compensation eligibility, as well as company stock options.
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
Guild is a female-led, Certified B Corporation - and with a valuation of $3.8 billion is one of the highest-valued, privately held education companies in the world, and the only one led by a woman. Guild's investors include Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners, chairman and former CEO of American Express, Emerson, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. We currently offer the following benefits:
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- 3 weeks of vacation in the first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth
Guild requires COVID-19 vaccines for all employees and guests attending Guild events or entering Guild offices. As of February 1, 2022, we will be expanding our in-person vaccination requirement to include booster shots. We will be using both Clear’s Digital Vaccine Card and state-sponsored vaccine passports to verify proof of vaccine. Accommodations or exceptions can be requested for medical or religious reasons.