Manager, Network Expense at Zayo
Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world’s most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo’s 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo’s communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, and dedicated Internet access. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
This position requires a manager that can remain positive during stressful situations and changes in processes. This role oversees a team of analysts that manage the end to end life cycle of network expense cost. The life cycle includes invoice receipt, validation, disputes, and approval for the accounts payable team to make the payment. The team also performs month end analysis on the cost including accruals, journal entries, variance analysis and presentation of the results.
- Support the analyst team questions and lead the decision-making on vendor cost issues.
- Responsible for coordinating with other teams on projects such as cost savings, vendor relations, and inventory
- Main point of contact and escalation point on internal and external issues.
- Manage quarterly objective targets and develop the forecast for overall team objectives
- Manage and drive to resolution outstanding NetEx disputes
- Drive the "Quick Wins" project for NetOps disputes
- Financial support and analysis of special projects and ad-hoc requests
- Ability to understand and interpret Interconnection Agreements, Tariff documents, and contracts.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university; or five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- AP Transactional Function experience required.
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com and TEOCO (telecom expense management system) preferred.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required.
- Accounting experience required.
Base salary range: $70,000-$90,000
Annual Incentive Plan (AIP) - Full-time Zayo employees are also eligible for discretionary AIP which is based on the performance of the Company, an employee’s business segment, and the individual employee
Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
Fitness membership discounts
Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time