Manager, Off-Net Quoting at Zayo
Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world’s most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo’s 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo’s communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, dedicated Internet access, and colocation services. Zayo owns and operates a Tier 1 IP Backbone and 44 carrier-neutral data centers. Through its Cloudlink service, Zayo provides low latency private connectivity that attaches enterprises to their public cloud environments. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
This role is an integral part of the overall sales solution for any off-net service requests. Responsible for getting any Type II request from our vendors for Lit and Dark Fiber services. Works closely with Sales Engineering to negotiate price, vendor, term, and network design with vendors. Candidate must have excellent knowledge of type II ordering with external vendors, vendor pricing platforms, and understand electronic & manual order entry through vendor portals and interfaces. Partner with Optimization team to provide renewal pricing for existing services to better sales’ or Zayo’s margin. The Manager of Off-net Quoting is the point of contact for type II vendors and may also provide vendor escalation support. Must have in depth understanding of telecommunications service life cycle and data correlation from order through design to billing. This position is responsible for forecasting and reporting of team workload and quoting financials. Candidate must have excellent working knowledge of ICE, Salesforce, multiple vendor quoting portals. Candidate Leads and supports the development of the other members of the optimization team and has supervisory responsibilities for assigned team.
- Expert knowledge of Type II quoting systems and processes with multiple vendors including CLEC’s & ILEC’s
- Products: Sonet, Wavelengths, Ethernet, IP, DIA/DDOS, WAN, Live Media, and Dark Fiber
- Requesting Type II quotes from vendors in the US, Canada, LATAM, APAC, & UK
- Renewal pricing negotiation
- Network Optimization Savings – working with the Optimization team
- Maintain Vendor Contact information (400+ vendors)
- Google document for all Vendor Contacts, current vendor MSAs
- Cross Connect Charges
- Building lists and best network aggregation points
- Pricing Sheets
- Ordering Procedures
- Escalation POC for SDCs, SEs and Billing Team
- Expense Builder process/Docusign
- Confirm EBs match Vendor Orders
- Governing contract is linked for reporting and SLA compliance
- Request signature on orders by PG leads, sending to SDCs to manage to completion
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or Business Administration or other related financial or technical field. Masters degree or MBA a plus.
- 5+ Years Telecom Experience working complex solutions or innovative projects
- Strong Project Management and Communication skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and time management skills are required
- Strong sense of teamwork
- Demonstrated investigational and problem solving skills.
- Candidates must possess excellent analytical judgment and decision making skills with the ability to adapt to change
- Ability to manage a high-volume workload efficiently and effectively
- High Energy individual with strong work ethic
- Must be a self-motivated and able to multi-task
- Ability to maintain confidentiality