Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world’s most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo’s 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo’s communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, and dedicated Internet access. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
The Manager, NCC provides direction, leadership, and supervision of NCC Technicians during daily network monitoring, repair, and maintenance activities.
- Develop, mentor, and train the NCC staff.
- Seek to improve processes and procedures with the goal of delivering the highest level of service to our customers.
- Develop, document, implement, and maintain processes and procedures for the day-to-day operations with NCC management’s guidance.
- Promote a strong culture committed to service quality through the successful execution of repeatable, well-designed processes.
- Monitor the status of alarms, alerts, Salesforce tickets, and processes to ensure daily dispatches and repairs are being completed timely.
- Communicate policy and procedural changes to the NCC staff.
- Make recommendations for changes and improvements and communicate them to NCC management team.
- Generate reports for the NCC management team in regards to service availability, MTTR, overall customer and network volumes.
- Oversee and manage special projects as needed.
- Maintain center objectives as assigned by NCC management team.
- Ensure continual process improvement within the NCC, including but not limited to, automation of NCC tasks and reporting, initiatives, and routine administrative tasks.
- Maintain communication with NCC management team during outages until issues are resolved.
- Develop and drive improvements to processes and procedures utilizing root cause analysis.
- Identify and interview candidate(s) for the NCC team, when needed.
- Monitor customer/network work queues to ensure 100% compliance with SLAs and to ensure all cases are being assigned on a daily basis.
- Ensure that NCC Technicians are working network and customer outages as efficiently and effectively as possible to meet customer and NCC expectations.
- Daily review of the NCC shift hand-off report to ensure that dispatches, tasks, and maintenance projects are consistently completed on time.
- Assist with administering performance reviews.
- The Manager, NCC is required to be on call and/or work various shifts (such as weekends and/or evenings.)
- Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with accounting software, contact management systems (Salesforce) and Microsoft Office.
- Analytical thinking, ability to problem solve.
- Ability to manage and coordinate projects.
- Ability to review fiber network drawings and determine area of damage based on Optical Time Domain Reflectometer traces.
- Understands fiber and cable characteristics.
- Familiar with fiber optic and cable installation and maintenance handling.
- Must possess the ability to manage customer situations. Ability to respond in a professional manner to customer complaints and issues.
- Ability to clearly communicate both verbally and in written communication.
- Must have experience as a team leader or supervisor.
- Extensive knowledge of the following Transmission and TCP/IP standard telecommunication practices and technologies:
- Ethernet and IP Networking
- BGP, OSPF, RIP, MPLS, VPLS, ELAN, ELINE Spanning Tree Protocols
- Cisco and Juniper Operating Systems
- CO range: $90,000-$108,000
Benefits, Rewards & Wellness
Annual Incentive Plan (AIP) - Full-time Zayo employees are also eligible for discretionary AIP which is based on the performance of the Company, an employee’s business segment, and the individual employee
Sales Incentive Plan - Full-time Zayo sales employees are also eligible for discretionary incentive cash compensation through our Sales Incentive Plan
Excellent Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
Retirement 401(k) Savings Plan
Fitness membership discounts
Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Please note, in accordance with Zayo's commitment to providing and maintaining a workplace free of recognized hazards, all U.S. and Canadian employees and any employee, vendor, customer, or visitor who enters a Zayo office or facility in the U.S. and Canada must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of such vaccination. If you are hired by Zayo, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination or have a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated.