Guild, the leading education benefits platform and one of Denver's fastest-growing startups, is increasing economic mobility for working adults in America and providing education and support to help every student survive and thrive in the economy of tomorrow. Our platform helps employers offer education as a benefit to their employees by connecting employers' workforces with our network of nonprofit universities and education institutions that focus on serving the needs of working adults. And, our team of retention coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through graduation. In order to accelerate our growth and achieve our mission to serve 1000s more students, we've raised over $70 million from top tier investors including Felicis Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, and Redpoint Ventures (among other social impact and VC partners!).
As the Manager, IT Help Desk, you’ll be a member of a growing autonomous IT team. You will be responsible for overseeing the day to day operation of the Guild Education IT Help Desk team. This includes overseeing the IT ticketing queues, metricizing and optimizing ticket handling, and assisting the help desk staff with tickets as needed. You’ll be a critical member of the team, as this role will be key in creating and maintaining an efficient and productive technical environment.
- Develop, implement, and maintain processes for Help Desk incident management to provide high-quality service to Guild Employees, both on-site and remote
- Actively train and mentor help desk technicians on technical skills and best practice IT solutions
- Manage the help desk teams’ workload, deliverables, escalated issues, etc
- Support the team with onboarding, offboarding, and department transfers
- Create and maintain documentation for internal tasks and procedures
- Manage and participate in Help Desk after-hours support
- Establish service level agreements and metrics to ensure incident resolution in the quickest time frame possible
- Work cross-functionality with several teams across Guild to ensure the best possible support is being provided
Characteristics of Our Ideal Candidate:
- Data driven decision maker
- Extensive endpoint management and troubleshooting skills
- Clear and concise communicator
- Identifies and implements process improvements
- Inspires the team to achieve Guild & personal goals
- Strong customer service focus and ability to interact with anyone at all levels of Guild
- 3-5 years of IT helpdesk management experience preferred.
- Experience managing MacOS & Windows remote endpoints
- Jamf, Microsoft InTune, Google Workspace, and Okta experience greatly preferred
- Corporate and home networking knowledge
- Experience managing corporate tools in a remote environment: Office 365, Zoom, VoIP, and Slack
You’ll know if you’re successful by:
- Exceeding in keeping employee satisfaction and retention high within the Help Desk Team
- Hiring a diverse and talented team of IT professionals to provide the best level of service to our employees
- Keeping the IT Helpdesk ticket queue at a manageable level
- Fostering communication and relationships with your direct reports
- Achieving established OKRs and expectations while demonstrating your passion for our mission - you'll receive ongoing feedback through your 1:1 meetings and go through bi-annual Structured Growth Conversations
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We are one of the few female-led companies to hit a $1 billion valuation and the only Certified B Corporation with those qualifications. Our Series D financing round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Additionally, we feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $80,000-$98,750 as well as company stock options.
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for your future
- 3 weeks of vacation in your first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help you recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, so that you can take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth