Manager, Intelligence at Red Canary
What You'll Do
- Manage, mentor, and coach a team of multiple Intelligence Analysts, Malware Analysts, and/or Intelligence Engineers. Assist team members on prioritization and completion of tasks.
- Assist the Director of Intelligence with the team’s strategic planning and goal-setting.
- Help to ensure overall team engagement, morale, and career growth.
- Serve as a mentor and teacher to those wanting to learn more about intelligence analysis.
- Suggest new methods, processes, and products that the team could adopt to help us achieve our mission and improve our workflows.
- Investigate raw telemetry, potential malicious activity, and confirmed threat detections for the purpose of identifying threats, providing context, and informing decisions about detection and response. Perform open and closed source research to associate the suspicious activity and confirmed threats we observe to known threats.
- Produce intelligence reports and communicate actionable insights based on analysis, both internally and externally to customers and the community.
- Respond to customer questions about threats to help them understand their threat model, what matters to their organization, and what actions they can take in response to various threats.
What You'll Bring
- Experience leading teams. Experience managing remote workers is preferred.
- A preparedness for new challenges as part of a rapidly evolving team and fast growing company.
- A desire to work collaboratively with, coach, and mentor Intelligence Analysts, Malware Analysts, and/or Intelligence Engineers as part of a team.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, operational environment and successfully prioritize important tasks when faced with constantly changing priorities based on new threats.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to communicate technical concepts in a clear, succinct fashion to subject matter and non-subject matter experts alike.
- Familiarity with the mechanics of endpoint behaviors, telemetry, and MITRE ATT&CK ®.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to synthesize complex and contradictory information.
- Experience working in a Security Operations Center (SOC), Digital Forensics and Incident Response (DFIR), or other security focused roles, preferred.
- Experience working with Endpoint Detection & Response (EDR) tools, preferred.