$103,688.00 To $130,000.00
*Relocation assistance is not provided and this is not a remote position. FirstBank does not sponsor work visas.
Founded in 1963, FirstBank maintains more than $20 billion in assets and operates over 110 branch locations across Colorado, Arizona and California. Its growth can be attributed to one simple philosophy: do right by customers, communities and employees, which at is the center of the company’s “banking for good” mantra. FirstBank believes that a company is nothing without the people that comprise it, and prides itself in hiring and training a diverse and talented group. By joining the FirstBank team you will experience its great team culture with ample opportunity for growth. There’s an opportunity for everyone with positions all across the company, from Teller and Call Center to Technology and Lending. Apply today to learn more and join the team!
A Brief Overview
The IT Manager of Security is responsible for the oversight and implementation of the security strategy. They will manage employees of the Security team to ensure the highest standards of security controls for the organization. They are responsible for prevention, detection, and response controls for the company.
What you will do
- Oversee the security controls for the organization.
- Ensure best practices are followed when implementing new processes or technology.
- Responsible for defining, developing, and implementing the security architecture for the company.
- Play a critical role in managing the successful response to a wide range of potential incidents.
- Coordinate the daily activities and training of Security staff to develop their technical expertise.
- Assign tasks and projects to Security staff; monitor progress of projects and task assignments to ensure work is being completed by agreed upon time frames.
- Make decisions as necessary to keep projects on schedule.
- Monitor industry trends and provide guidance to the company as appropriate.
- Train other personnel on the company’s security policies and procedures; maintain and update company-wide security training programs.
- Coordinate with law enforcement to ensure all crimes against FirstBank are properly handled.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
- Understand and comply with all provisions of the Safety in the Workplace policy.
Supervises the work of a group of direct reports. Responsible for performance management and evaluations; hiring and staffing, scheduling. Enforces policies and procedures. Directs day-to-day work of employees, through supervision of lead staff or directly. Supervisory responsibilities may be limited to a specific shift or a portion of a function, facility or location. May assist with training and payroll. Coaches and develops staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other technical field
- Minimum of six years related work experience
- Strong background in information security, and associated best practices
- Hands on knowledge of security technologies and frameworks
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong organizational skills; ability to balance responsibilities for multiple projects,
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills,
- Good understanding of data communication topologies, protocols, various types of data communications equipment and FirstBank network structure,
- Excellent understanding of the following technologies: VPN, IPSEC, DKIM, SPF, DMARC, DNS, SMTP, Red Team testing methodologies, Penetration Testing, SANS CSC 20 critical controls,
- Excellent understanding of web application technologies and exploits, including OWASP Top 10, Cross Site Scripting (XSS), SQL Injection, Cross Site requireduest Forgery (CSRF),
- Excellent knowledge of how security is implemented in networking equipment and on various platforms; knowledge should include a thorough understanding of firewalls, packet filtering routers and security mechanisms implemented in various operating systems, databases, and applications,
- Strong understanding of various security technologies, including remote access systems, strong authentication techniques, encryption, and digital certificates,
- Excellent knowledge of various security tools, including syslog analyzers, intrusion detection software, penetration scanning software, and auditing software,
- Strong knowledge of law enforcement practices, and the ability to successfully support and interact with law enforcement during an emergency. Including physical security best practices and their implementation,
- Strong understanding of cloud technologies and how to properly secure them,
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Frequently remains stationary throughout a typical business day
- Frequently operates a computer and other office machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer
- Occasionally moves about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, and other rooms
- Occasionally positions self to access drawers and shelves of various heights
- Frequently reaches for and handles paperwork and files
- Constantly communicates with customers, coworkers, and management in-person and on the phone
- Must be able to exchange accurate information
Statement of Benefits
FirstBank offers a suite of benefits that support our employees’ professional, financial, physical, emotional and spiritual well-being. Benefits currently offered with our positions include: Paid Time Off/paid leave programs, 401K/Employee Stock Ownership, United Healthcare medical, MetLife dental, VSP vision, Employee tuition reimbursement, Volunteer Time Off, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, and Group Life Insurance/AD&D
This Job may be eligible for the:
- Retention Bonus Plan
FirstBank is an EOE/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law.