Ball Corporation manufactures aluminum packaging for beverage, personal care and household products, and provides aerospace and other technologies for commercial and government customers. We have been in business for over 140 years and is leading the charge in creating solutions that keep our planet healthy. Ball Corp has been nationally recognized as a leading company in the creation of sustainable products (Fast Company World Changing Ideas award) as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity (Forbes Magazine.) Join our team of over 18,000 people worldwide in our quest to make the world a cleaner and healthier place. BE BIGGER THAN YOURSELF. BE UNSTOPPABLE. BE AN INSPIRATION. JOIN US IN MAKING THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE.
Primary Porpose of this Position:
The Manager of Early Career Development Programs is responsible for building out, scaling and improving internship and early career development programs aligned with Ball’s Corporate and Packaging talent strategy. As part of the Talent Management Center of Excellence, this position plays a key role in attracting and developing the next generation of talent for Ball Corporation and is a key role to deliver on Ball’s long term strategic growth.
Essential Areas of Responsibility:
- Partner with Director of Talent Development, HR business partners and business leaders to build out and operationalize functional early career Leader Development Programs, ensuring that key stakeholders have input and visibility into the programs from design through to implementation and candidate placement.
- Identify and engage internal partners required for successful program design and implementation (i.e. Talent Acquisition, Total Rewards, Talent Development, business leadership, etc.).
- Partner with Talent Acquisition to identify appropriate schools for recruiting and develop a core school strategy for this program, with an emphasis on attracting diverse, top talent who will thrive in a high-growth manufacturing company.
- Partner with business and HR subject matter experts to develop and deliver an effective and engaging learning and integration experience for program participants.
- Market program internally, and in partnership with Talent Acquisition, externally on campus and in targeted forums.
- Develop, measure and report on key metrics of program progress and success. Propose and implement program enhancements in response to key metrics.
- Create and manage program budget.
- Partner with Talent Acquisition to continue building and increasing the effectiveness of the Ball Corporate and Packaging internship program.
- Provide a consistent and positive leadership presence for participants throughout the program, bringing guidance, mentorship and support as needed.
- Partner with Director of Talent Development and HR leaders to identify strategic needs for additional early career development program tracks; facilitate design and implementation of additional programs accordingly.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or HR-related field
- 3-5 years’ experience in organizational programs, project management or related areas, including managing and prioritizing multiple projects and priorities and client relationships.
- 1+ years of proven experience supporting internship, University, early-in-career or employee-related programs.
- Ability to travel 25% and 40% during peak campus recruiting seasons
- Proven experience working with executive leadership, including presentations and strategic planning.
- Experience creating and managing budgets
- People management experience is preferred but not required
- Ability to lead effectively through influence
- Ability to align various stakeholders towards a common vision and goal
Compensation & Benefits:
- Hiring Salary Range: $ 86,500 - 132,000 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Job Grade: 12
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans