Manager, Deal Support at Vertafore
The Revenue Operations team is seeking an experienced operations professional to fill a key role supporting the sales organization. The Manager, Deal Support will be a key partner to sales leadership, helping to set best practices for quoting, deal structure, and operational workflow related to deal management. In this role you will also be responsible for training, mentoring, and managing a team of Deal Support staff. The ideal candidate will have excellent verbal communication, a passion for operational excellence, and a keen understanding how to integrate technology and process to drive results.
The individual we are looking for is the complete package – a self-starter always striving to be better, full of integrity, strong attention to detail, enjoys training and supporting team members and believes in the power of technology.
Core Requirements and Responsibilities:
Essential job functions included but are not limited to the following:
· Manage Deal Support team members and ensure team is delivering highest levels of service for the Sales organization.
· Be a trusted advisor to the Sales organization on quoting, deal management, and internal approval framework.
· Serve as an escalation point for non-standard deals and provide guidance to move deals forward.
· Maintain, evaluate, and update approval framework as needed.
· Educate sales professionals and Deal Support team members on processes and best practices to improve adoption and maintain deal velocity.
· Guarantee that deals follow proper revenue, legal, and operational guidelines to maintain pricing and term integrity.
· Support Sales and Finance in month end bookings processes.
· Evaluate existing operational processes and tools related to quoting and support the development and roll-out of enhancements.
· Maintain document library on 'quote-to-cash' processes.
· Administer weekly Deal Desk.
· Actively participate in ad hoc deal reviews to execute and operationalize on enterprise level agreements.
· Create, maintain and monitor a data integrity framework to identify and resolve data discrepancies quickly.
· Collaborate across geographies and with multiple business units, including Sales, Marketing, Solution Consulting, Order Management, Legal, and Finance.
· Build productive relationships with Sales, Sales Operations, Product, Legal and Finance teams.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· A thorough understanding of the sales process and ability to navigate long, complex sales cycles
· Strong business acumen with excellent communication skills – verbal and written
· Logical and analytical thinker with the ability to think creatively and critically
· Self-motivated, ability to work under pressure, dependability with deliverables and deadlines, and ability to multi-task while remaining organized
· Experience working with data visualization tools a plus
· Flexibility to work as needed during peak periods
· Associates' degree required, Bachelor's degree preferred
· 5+ years of relevant work experience; software/SaaS sales or operations experience preferable
· Comprehensive experience in Salesforce and CPQ, or similar
Additional Requirements and Details:
· Travel required up to 10% of the time.
· Ability to work remote with a stable internet connection on an as needed basis
· Located and working from an office location (when required)
· Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds.
· Frequent repetitive hand and arm movements required to operate a computer.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (working on a computer, etc.).
· Frequent sitting and/or standing.