Manager, Customer Support at Alteryx, Inc.
The Manager, Customer Support role focuses on the management of key operational processes, support and enablement of customer and user set up and optimization with Alteryx. This role will lead a team of Customer Support Engineers that provide front line customer support for the Alteryx products and solutions. The Support Manager serves as a primary escalation liaison between Alteryx customers, front line support and internal groups such as Development, Sales and Services. The manager also develops, manages and leads continuous process improvement strategies and initiatives to further the customer experience (CX). The manager will develop, implement, and maintain Global Customer Support (GCS) policies, procedures, and training / adoption /onboarding plans to ensure the highest levels of employee satisfaction (EX).
- Manage a team of local and remote support engineers, assigned to specific product solution sets. Utilize available measures of case management and ensure consistency.
- Assist with resource management by collaborating with HRBP and recruiter, interviewing and assessing suitable candidates to recommend appropriately qualified personnel.
- Ability to carry out assigned responsibilities for formal Goal Setting and annual Performance Management, including measurement and appraisal of employees, as well as promotion recommendations.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate individual and team training needs and collaborate with appropriate business owners to enable training or development opportunities.
- Ensure effective communications with each direct report via 1:1 meetings (weekly), team meetings and larger more strategic sessions with cross functional groups/individuals as needed/applicable.
- Ability to effectively delegate as necessary.
- Work and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders
- Ensure customer service excellence and guaranteed response times (SLA) by actively monitoring support cases queues (WebEx)/Phone calls (Inside Sales) and ensuring all request are responded to, and resolved in, a timely and comprehensive manner
- Ability to champion change, inspire a shared vision and promote key values. Able to operate effectively in a highly changing/growing environment.
- Ensure there is 24x7x365 coverage for all channels of support
- Business acumen
- Performance management
- Salesforce (SFDC) CRM and Chat
- RingCentral (phone)
- Leadership & Collaboration with cross functional teams
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills along with excellent written and verbal & presentation communication skills
- Relationship building skills (internal and customer centric)
- Project leadership/coordination skills
- At least 5 years of leadership experience (both local and remote teams)
- Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred.
- Strong performance management required – ability to hold teams accountable.
- Ability to understand and drive metrics required. Must analyze scorecard metrics (Salesforce, Lithium, KCS) and customer feedback to identify support process and product quality improvements.
- Strong business acumen required.
- Ability to review workload requirements and performs workload distribution management to meet issue volumes.
- Ability to serve as manager for on-duty during afterhours on-call support (rotation).
- Ability to ensures problems and cases are escalated timely to appropriate personnel/services areas for follow-up, testing and troubleshooting.