Manager, Customer Equipment at Ball Aerospace
Do you want to work for a world-leading manufacturer who strives to build a better future through sustainability and innovation? Are you looking for a new challenge in a stable, fast-growing sector?
Join us, and build your career by helping us build the future.
We are a global leader in sustainable products with more than 21,000 team members worldwide. From infinitely recyclable aluminum cans, cups, and aerosol bottles, to aerospace solutions that enable our customers to have a deeper understanding of our planet and the universe. We produce all these incredible things with one unique purpose: crafting a better community, a better society, a better world.
Moreover, each of us has a deep commitment to diversity and inclusion which is the foundation of our culture of belonging. And everyone at Ball is an everyday champion, making a difference by doing what we love.
We lead with our heads and our hearts and combine innovative thinking with a spirit of resiliency that keeps us moving forward in a relentless pursuit of new ways to make life, and the world, better. Whether we’re developing packaging that’s infinitely recyclable or aerospace innovations. Because what we create may change, but what we will always make is a difference.
Job Description - Relocation is available for this role
Manages the manufacturing customer/equipment service function as directed.
What will you be responsible for?
- Establishes and directs the activities of individual customer assistance representatives
- Arranges weekly schedules for the customer assistance representatives, coordinating their travel and activities with plants, customers, and suppliers
- Directs customer assistance representatives in their field-testing of new materials at customer locations. This includes arrangements for securing approvals for the tests, coordinating line runs and evaluations results for the quality assurance R&D, and engineering departments
- Provides the interface between the quality assurance staff, plants, and customer assistance representatives regarding problems and solutions at customer operations
- Establishes programs that ensure corrective actions is taken by division operations and/or customers when needed on production failing to meet customer performance criteria.
- Analyzes and coordinates various proposed projects with the engineering and R&D organizations to ensure thorough testing and proving customer locations
- Provides service on customer’s filling equipment to aid in avoiding quality problems
- Supports customer equipment functions across the North and Central Region
- Maintains compliance to customer contractual requirements and assures proper accounting and billing for billable worked performed
What are we looking for?
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college or work-related experience
- Job related experience for 4 years minimum
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data to make recommendations.
- Working knowledge of the following areas: engineering principles, practices, nomenclature, and procedures, generally accepted managerial practices and procedures, double seaming operation and the working components of the machine, can and end manufacture, filler operation, and conveying.
Compensation & Benefits
- Hiring Salary Range: $ 86,500 - 132,000 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans